POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
--- Spoilerish (nothing major) ---

Spoiler:

The Batman in this is, from what we see and hear of him, a pretty dark / brutal take on the character and believe it or not Robin as violent as he is, seems to have left because of how dark Batman got .

Also, Nu Robin (Jason Todd) is in this later on for an episode-and-a-bit (and seems to be back in season 2) and is clearly distinguished as being more violent / chaotic than Grayson.

Its just a darker and more violent take on the Batman universe I think clearly more in the ballpark of Batfleck, who was twisting spines and cracking skulls all through BvS. Its a bit more realistic than most vigilante stuff to be fair. In realz, it's not realistic for someone to be out tackling violent criminals without shedding some blood.
I see what they were going for, and there's nothing particularly egregious about it, I just didn't happen to like it

There was an alt-continuity Batman comic recently where Grayson left due to Batman's behaviour rather than wanting to be his own hero - Bats drove the Batmobile on the roofs of several inhabited properties, and knocked a few people over in pursuit of Joker without noticing or caring. When he caught Joker, he beat him waaay too much, and nearly choked him with pills. All this was for a reason which I won't spoil for any onlookers. But I didn't mind that so much because of the reason behind it, and the story in general. If anyone wants a pdf of the first issue, slide into my DMs

I'd be a lot more forgiving if this Robin was Todd, as he was always the most reckless of the Robins (possibly apart from Damian), and that was before Red Hooding up!

I dunno, it just seems like everything's that tiny bit wrong, aha. Starfire's characterisation is fine apart from the costume and hair, and Gar is great, his intro stealing the video game sums him up imo. I just wish he was greeeen full time
and I just don't like Raven being an angsty teen, or her portrayal in general.

Last edited by Oliver_W; 11-07-2019 at 09:57 PM.
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote