View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 10:38 AM #25
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
The way the reports of anti-semitism have been handled, could have been much better, but calling the leader and every member of said party antisemetic, without any actual proof of such, is dangerous and smear 101.
I don't think anyone thinks every member is anti-Semitic. This reply is a bit...'not all men' when people talk about the men who do rape and behave atrociously towards women. Wails of 'not all X are like that!' are both pointless and annoying. Pointless as, when discussing the bad people, the bad people are being discussed. The subject does not need to change into 'most X are nice'..annoying because its constant.

Its a fairly widespread problem within the party it seems. But, when people talk about it that does not mean they think all labour members are bigoted, that would be insane!

Also I do think, people expect a bit much of Labour sometimes. Like, I don't really get what can be done about random members being antisemitic, besides chucking them out when their views are noted. They cannot control the behaviour of members beyond that. But I do think Corbyn could do much much more.
Quote:
Like I’ve said, I look forward to the day that the BBC issue an investigation into the islamaphobia in the Tory party, or the corrupt money of the Brexit party, but I can’t see it happening.
Whataboutery tbh. I usually agree with your posts, or at least I find them to be fair on the whole. Here though..I despite whataboutery tbh, and don't really see the point in it when dicussing a program that delves into a known problem in the Labour party. Of course other parties have their own issues..but if there WAS a thread about a program into Islamophobia in the Tory party, the 'what about Labour having a problem with antisemitism' would be derided, as whataboutery tbh.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 12-07-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote