View Single Post
Old 15-07-2019, 08:22 AM #10

It's an interesting discussion and I can see both sides of the argument. But for me it all depends on how major the disability actually is. I have dyspraxia and autism, but both of those have been worked through where they've been maintained in a positive way and are only a minor factor to how I live my life. I was in a regular secondary school and while majority of students were fine or whatever, disability slurs were used daily by most of them as a form of bantering, which is tragically quite common among adolescents. As someone who actually has minor special needs, it always annoyed me that this was such a casual thing to use those type of slurs as separate definitions to what they actually mean. What's worse was the occasional cases of people who DID use those words as their actual definition, a few former friends continually using them against me to bully me.

So I think all in all, public schools are simply too unreliable for everyone to attend, as not only do not all facilities fully benefit those with more major disabilities, but the quality of discipline differs depending on what school so isn't reliable enough to prevent bullying.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote