View Single Post
Old 18-07-2019, 02:48 PM #60
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Virtually all races have both been slaves and held slaves. No-one alive today has anything whatsoever to do with the historic slave trade, so everyone's hands are clean.
It's not about whose hands are or aren't clean FFS, no one is asking you personally to feel guilty about historic slavery so stop lashing out defensively, it's nonsense

It's about the very obvious an real ongoing effect that black slavery has had and is still having and I honestly, honestly hope that your insistence that white and black people are "on an even footing" (just... what) when it comes to the effects of slavery and social inequality, and that "blacking up" has no more of a negative implication than (fictional) "whiting up" is purely down to naivety and nothing more sinister. I say that because 15 years ago I might have been caught saying something similar but I'm going to be blunt here and say that these sorts of opinions come from a place of inexperience and arrogance. But they are toxic. I hope you give it some real thought, eventually.