¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

42nd Place: Adore Delano (Season 6, All Stars 2) - finished 2nd and 9th respectively

Another placing I'm sure will raise is a few eyebrows is this one - but I'm quite resolute in getting Adore out of the way now. It's quite simple really.

Obviously, Adore Delano is a talented singer (although I thought her tone in both her AS2 performance and the Shade the Rusical performance was a little...offkey?) and artist and has commanded the hearts of hundreds of thousands of viewers. She had an infectious personality in season six and had the show's most obvious "underdog" story arc to date. There are countless soundbites, and she did well at a handful of challenges.

Why am I placing her this low, for a finalist? Because... I just get the impression her attitude stinks.

Adore has been the focus of a lot of post-Drag Race attention for a long time, and her diva antics have rubbed a lot of fellow queens and fans the wrong way. She had a big falling out with her production company, PEG, because she failed to read what was - in fairness - a pretty horrific contract that left her footing the bill for any wardrobe, touring and promotional costs herself. She's left all sorts of childish bad tastes whilst touring, notably here:

And then there's her Instagram Lives which are just....incredibly uncomfortable, and open to all sorts of interpretation (most seem to agree she is using meth, which is, erm... party?)

Idk. I don't want to rat on someone who's going through substance abuse but I guess the story of Adore Delano is that Drag Race girls can let a whole lot of preteen fans go to their head and think it gives them license to be the most obnoxious, immature bratty celebrity in the name of "punk rock".

And she was carried to the final, idc what anyone says. Season six was fantastic for a lot of reasons but the one niggling gripe I have with that season is how many free passes Adore was handed. That first sewing challenge with the Honey Boo Boo look was a PINK RIBBON. AROUND A PIECE OF FABRIC. AND SHE DIDN'T LAND IN THE BOTTOM TWO? HOW?

But... her Anna Nicole Smith was great, and I did feel for her on Allstars 2. But she just needs to grow up.

Memorable quote(s): "I'm polish remover, bitch "
"She's everything I wanna be when I'm 57... she's gonna kill me."
Best Runway(s): I GUESS that diamond ballerina thing in the Jewel ball.
Best Moment(s): falling off the chair haha i do that Adjusting her wig after the Vibeology lipsync

Remaining queens
Acid Betty - Alaska - Alexis Mateo - Alyssa Edwards - Asia O'Hara - Bebe Zahara Benet - Bendelacreme - Bianca Del Rio - Bob the Drag Queen - Chad Michaels - Courtney Act - Darienne Lake
Detox - Eureka - Ginger Minj - Jinkx Monsoon - Jujubee - Katya - Kennedy Davenport - Latrice Royale - Manila Luzon - Mariah - Monet X Change - Monique Heart - Nina Bo'nina Brown - Nina Flowers
Phi Phi O'Hara - Raja - Raven - Roxxxy Andrews - Shangela - Sharon Needles - Shea Coulee - Stacy Layne Matthews - Tammie Brown - Tatianna - Thorgy Thor - Trinity the Tuck - Willam - Yara Sofia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote