View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 04:25 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Maybe. I would think a hell of a lot of obese people/smokers work too and pay in all their lives.

Also quite sure that even multiple operations..costs less than 24/7 care even for a few years, when in reality it can be up to..well indefinitely.

Might even itself out a bit. Yet people will still continue to believe that they cost a fortune. When its very possible they cost less, and if not, then its likely to be equal with others anyway.

Ideas gross though, of course.
Oh I wasn't suggesting obese people don't work.

I was referring to the side of the argument regarding shorter life vs longer life. On one side you have a longer life of paying into the system and taking nothing out until the (relative) end. A healhy life can lead to a healthy old age where they only need assistance rather than always requiring round the clock care and the opposite of a much shorter life (therefore less years of paying in) and using much more of the resources in that shorter time.

The much older person has probably paid for their care in spades over that longer life but the shorter lived one probably not.

But, yeah, either way gross to just leave anyone to die and ai agree it's the causes of obesity and addiction etc that needs to be looked at.

Last edited by Marsh.; 06-08-2019 at 04:29 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote