Rent
Council Tax
Gas/Electricity
TV/Phone/Internet
TV license
Netflix
Amazon Prime
A few app subs on youngest's iPad
Mobile phones x 3 (me, wife, eldest daughter)
Phone/Tablet/Laptop insurance
Various after-school clubs
PSN / Nintendo Online+Minecraft "Realms"
Historic Scotland
Car insurance/tax
Life insurance
A million little debts that add up to an ungodly total

... ... yeah my outgoings are horrendous

You missed a goldmine there Cherie; I know quite a few people's parents who did this, but they bought huge 4 / 5 bedroom places. Kid gets a free room and 4 of their mates paying £300+/month each... the rental income covers the mortgage 100%. Depends on location and property price but then, if it's a high property price area then you can charge more per month in rent. I'm hoping to be in the financial position to do this when eldest kiddo is off to Uni (in about 10 years because I'm still a young chick).

Its not ours, its his, it just like giving him his inheritance while we are alive! He likes where is at Uni so plans to live there full time, and its close enough to London if he needs to commute, he hates London so I cant see that happening, he hated halls no way would he have wanted to live with 5 or 6 others, he is happy with one lodger to cover the bills and he has money left over to live on, and no way were we buying him a 5 bed house lol, we used to rent out a flat years ago I wouldn't want to do that now, too much hassle.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 15-08-2019 at 11:13 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote