View Single Post
Old 18-09-2019, 09:45 AM #657

Another review:

"I just got home from seeing this.
The show was amazing! There was no part of the show that I didn't totally get into.

The Rescue Me interlude into Frozen was my favorite part of the show. The visuals with Lourdes were a masterpiece. Unbelievable!!

I loved what they did with the lighting throughout the show. It was a very minimal set but they really did a fantastic job setting it up to create moods and atmosphere to match the songs. The middle set with the dark hair was beautifully done.

I loved the Crave remix. Even as someone who hasn't had much time with the new album, I felt very connected to ALL the new music and she brought it all to life (come alive, come alive!). She was also very interactive with the crowd and going in someone mentioned her doing stand up which stressed me out, but she was very funny all night. A lot of wit. She blamed being late on last minute changes with the projections. She promised it will never happen again and then smirked.

Halfway through I actually appreciated the fact I didn't have my phone (which she poked fun at us about throughout the night) because I honestly did feel more connected to her and the production without the distraction.

Like a prayer was a great moment, the whole theatre was singing and dancing. I kind of wish she had ended on that note vs I Rise, which felt very disconnected from us compared to the rest of the setlist. She had us involved the whole time except for in that number.

My mind is spinning still but those are my thoughts as I head to sleep. What a great night!! "

Last edited by Nancy.; 18-09-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Nancy. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote