View Single Post
Old 18-09-2019, 05:50 PM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Yes,you have to take your time LalaLand, if you make a mistake don't worry you can easily alter it, I have only done two oils, water colour is easier, you've made me want to draw again now
Yeah that's the plus, easily corrected! I think it'll take me a while but I'm all up to date for now with portrait commissions so I'm just going to put my whole focus into this. Diet, exercise and painting - bliss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...ahhh, I’ve been wanting to ask you if you were going to draw Joaquin as the Joker because I know how amazing your celebrity sketches are...and I know what a fan you are of the character and of his portrayal...but a watercolour, though...what an amazing first choice that is, to fit your talent...
Aw thanks so much Ammi! Yes well I had a few ideas for my "first oil painting" but each just had certain things that seemed tricky (lots of hair, some diamonds, contrasting elements etc etc) and I thought I'd better stick to something more "safe" for my first one. Then I saw this image of Joaquin I loved and managed to find a really big, clear version that I could crop down and zoom into to get a nice composition. It has one of his hands in it and hands are notorious for me but that's my "challenge" element of this piece ha. Yeah not watercolour Ammi, oils! 20 inches x 23/24 inches canvas panel! Scary

Last edited by LaLaLand; 18-09-2019 at 05:52 PM.
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote