View Single Post
Old 20-09-2019, 10:15 PM #97
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
Of course the reaction would be different
Yup, Trump is constantly racist, hell, he was condemned by Congress for his racist attacks on members of congress just a few months ago. He's a proven racist already so it's quite different to someone who may have been racist in the past but has seemingly turned it around and has learned from their mistakes.

If Trudeau's administration was known for it's blatant racism like Trump's is then I would be more critical. I believe people can let go of their hate, I've known people that would have beat the **** out of someone if they knew they were gay a decade or two ago go to Pride and be an out and out ally for the LGBT in the present. Same with racism, the area I live in is very racist but I've seen racists change their minds on their position and grow as well.

With time and experience, people can change their ways and given the fact that Trudeau has pretty much had diversity and acceptance at the forefront on his administration, I'd be willing to bet he learned the lessons he needed to learn unless something more recent comes out.

Trump has never learned, He started off his campaign by calling Mexicans rapists and he hasn't stopped stirring up racial tension ever since.

Last edited by Tom4784; 20-09-2019 at 10:15 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote