BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
In one small post, you've took the heat of Trudeau and passed it on to Trump. Or do you mean Boris?

That's a good trick, just not good enough to get past me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Do you reckon the reaction to this would be the same or different if it had been Trump? Exact same scenario but Trump instead of Trudeau.
So about that...

For the record, the only person I've seen defending or minimising the issue of blackface as you seem to be implying is a member in this thread who thinks blackface is akin to "wearing dark foundation". I haven't seen anyone else, David Lammy or otherwise, react to Trudeau doing blackface as if it's a non-issue, because Trudeau's an idiot and is being rightfully slammed for this. The comparison I made was because, at the time of posting, the Trudeau story was the top story on BBC News, while Trump covering up his attempt to bribe the Ukrainian president into investigating Joe Biden's son was like... ten stories down. It was nice to briefly see a glimpse of a country with a normal political news cycle where "Prime Minister did blackface so many times he's literally lost count", as opposed to the one we live in every other day, in which "Trump is a corrupt liar" is the kind of headline we've become so used to that it was below a story about the new J-Lo film.

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote