BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post
I've rarely checked in with this season, so what did Christie, Jackson and Nick say that made Kemi pick them out in particular? Jack - I understand because I watched his exit interview.
Honestly, nothing particularly derogatory (the worst I remember is Jackson being like "lol imagine if she's watching this screaming at the TV with her mouth bleeding like Bayleigh") but they just NEVER stopped talking about her. Like, that Kemi/Bayleigh comment was made at the end of August and Kemi was a Week 2 boot. There's a lot of intrigue to the whole Kemi situation because she was already ostracized by the time the feeds came on but we never got any legitimate information about anything that happened before the feeds started other than that she dissed Jack/Jackson's cooking once and generally comes off as aloof and distant. But they would continually find ways to shoehorn Kemi into conversations and it was tiring.

THAT BEING SAID, the race thing is like........ definitely overdone tremendously by stan Twitter. There were definitely some small microagressions and comments made, but nothing out of the ordinary for a BBUS season. Basically, Camp Comeback forced three minorities to effectively live in an internment camp and it was terribly bad optics, and then a bunch of the fanbase started to pull "evidence" of racism out of context mainly in the spirit of confirmation bias. A bunch of minorities were targeted early on, the internet got upset as usual, but then for some reason this summer they decided to go on a ****ing witch hunt and post random feeds clips and be all "SEE?!?!?!?! THEY *ARE* RACIST!!!!!"

If you ask me, they completely missed the mark with Jackson because I would've been more interested in hearing about the misogyny thing because oh my god does he have a ****ing bizarre women complex to him. And food, but that's probably more or less a binge-eating disorder that he should just get some help for.