View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 01:50 PM #19
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
I find Harley a bit boring tbh. I wish they'd dial her back a bit in the comics, she works better as the two dimensional weirdo that she is meant to be rather than a complex anti-hero. Her and Poison Ivy together is just silly.

But yeah i wish this was an actual Birds Of Prey adaption.
Harley and Poison Ivy's relationship is one of the best parts of Harley's character and Harley has never really been a two dimensional character. Have you ever read Mad Love? A large part of her character has always been about trauma and a commentary on toxic relationships and her relationship with Ivy is important because it shows growth for both characters.

Poison Ivy's a great match for Harley because it's a relationship that deepens both characters further, Harley isn't stuck in a cycle of abuse when she's with Ivy and you get to see more of what makes Ivy tick when they're together since she's not just a murderous seductress with a somewhat relateable goal.

It would be a true disservice to the character of Harley if they ever made her a two dimensional character because that's not who she is.

They should have just done a Gotham City Sirens film tbh, it's dumb that they turned the Birds of Prey into Harley's sidekicks when they could have hit hte jackpot with a film that brings Harley together with Ivy and Catwoman. The amount of speculation and coverage over such a film would be insane, especially since the media often speculates about who would play those two characters although they aren't attached to a film yet.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote