CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Like I said if people want to kick up a fuss and demand " zero experience dance virgins" then strictly will never be able to have actors,singers or any other showbiz celebrities taking part.

Because it's impossible to have a competition without some dance background unless you just want news readers & politicians ?.

If you want anyone from the entertainment industry or a fit athlete then chances are they'll either have the stamina ,or the dance experience so they'll have that little advantage?. But Either way they still all have to learn new dances & work hard .

And there's always the diversity of different contestants from walks of life which is interesting for the viewers.

I personally don't care ,I just hate the hypocrisy & double standards. Some celebs get a hard time& others get off Scott free for their dance experience ,just isn't fair . And the debate seems to happen every year.

I've been saying this for years.

If the BBC insists on 'celebrities' and the public want no experience then it severely hampers the type of people they can get for the show.

Sports stars are a bit hit and miss, Newsreaders are usually terrible so where else are they gong to get 'celebrities if actors, singers and showbiz personalities are ruled out due to previous experience? Last Lee Ryan had experience but was terrible so no one ever comments on him. The show needs to evolve and the viewers need to get over heir obsession with 'the journey'. Its noticeable that none of the four best dancers ever to be on the show IMO won - Danny Mac, Faye Tozer, Ashley Roberts and Natalie Gumede.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote