BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post

I've been saying this for years.

If the BBC insists on 'celebrities' and the public want no experience then it severely hampers the type of people they can get for the show.

Sports stars are a bit hit and miss, Newsreaders are usually terrible so where else are they gong to get 'celebrities if actors, singers and showbiz personalities are ruled out due to previous experience? Last Lee Ryan had experience but was terrible so no one ever comments on him. The show needs to evolve and the viewers need to get over heir obsession with 'the journey'. Its noticeable that none of the four best dancers ever to be on the show IMO won - Danny Mac, Faye Tozer, Ashley Roberts and Natalie Gumede.
Of course people never say anything if the dancer is bad or unpopular like Lee Ryan , but anyone with a theatre or musical background will likely have some experience. But some are just better than others.

Also some celebs have natural rhythm & others have 2 left feet .
I like the mixture we have .

Yeah every sports person is different, look how terrible James & David are .
But then there's some amazing performers we've had in the past like Colin Jackson & Mark rampakash . But sports people usually have the discipline.

Gemma Atkinson did kick boxing so she had a strong core ,but her dances were hit & miss.

I like seeing people try but I enjoy the good dancers , and as you said it's an entertainment show and shouldn't matter .