View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 02:11 PM #30
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Packaging plays a role I expect if that's what you mean, we can only eat or drink so much in a day.
Throwaway fashion is a biggie yep and families running now 2 sometimes 3 cars instead of 1 ... things have changed a lot since 92 and if they were struggling then... :/
No wonder that girl snatched that disposable cup from boris, we are all adding to the problem while acknowledging it exists.
This is a HUGE problem where my dad lives. With the new rules about housing benefit and such, kids are having to stay at home til they are a lot older. And, they also have to work obviously, and given jobs are scarce, a lot of commuting is often required so a car is pretty much a necessity. So some of the houses on his street are running 4 or 5 cars between them! The whole estate is at war with each other trying to take up the few parking spaces that there are

I do not quite understand either, this obsession with banning straws, while using ridiculous amounts of plastic in other areas? I mean, it cannot be that hard to get milk and drinks to go back to glass bottles surely?! I have been buying glass bottle coke for ages now, its a fortune compared to plastic, but its so much nicer for some reason. I am not really doing it to 'save the planet' or anything, even though such things do help marginally. the whole obsession with straws seems insane. Like mcdonalds..horrid paper straws that won't allow you to drink milkshake, but plastic lids on the cups?!
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 07-10-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote