View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 06:31 PM #43
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
This is a HUGE problem where my dad lives. With the new rules about housing benefit and such, kids are having to stay at home til they are a lot older. And, they also have to work obviously, and given jobs are scarce, a lot of commuting is often required so a car is pretty much a necessity. So some of the houses on his street are running 4 or 5 cars between them! The whole estate is at war with each other trying to take up the few parking spaces that there are

I do not quite understand either, this obsession with banning straws, while using ridiculous amounts of plastic in other areas? I mean, it cannot be that hard to get milk and drinks to go back to glass bottles surely?! I have been buying glass bottle coke for ages now, its a fortune compared to plastic, but its so much nicer for some reason. I am not really doing it to 'save the planet' or anything, even though such things do help marginally. the whole obsession with straws seems insane. Like mcdonalds..horrid paper straws that won't allow you to drink milkshake, but plastic lids on the cups?!
The whole straws thing is a joke, the paper ones.. they're not even recyclable. There was more awareness in the 70s and 80s than now, pop and milk bottles were reused there was less packaging on produce and there were very few , fast fashion, fast food takeaway shops or cofee shops. So can't moan about sweatshops...unethical or intensive farming and exploitation.

We didn't do our bit, we wanted the primarks and starbucks.. mind you industry has had a massive impact too, we're not responsible for air quality and cancer causing agricultural chemicals.
Cars are getting greener so that's a bonus, soon 2 cars will be as polluting as one so that's something to look forward to