View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 02:57 PM #6
-

-

The OG Spider-man films (the first two anyway) are great but the worst thing about them is Tobey's take on Spider-man... and I can't help but think that if you had those films exactly as they are but with Holland as the lead they would be better... so really it has to be Tom Holland.

Also part of my End-game musings the other day: Is Tony Stark essentially the new Spider-man's Uncle Ben? Has Uncle Ben ever been mentioned? I don't think he exists for MCU Spider-man. Even with the Aunt May / Happy relationship in the last one, I got more of a "not into long term relationships" vibe from May than a "Widowed" vibe so I reckon there has just never been an Uncle Ben and Holland-man was "father figureless" until Tony. Tony is also the character who has taught him that "power comes with responsibility" - even though he never said it in so many words.

Also - and what made it sort of clear that this might be the case - was Peter being one f the first on the scene when Tony was dying, and it reminded me of the Uncle Ben death scenes that both Macguire and Garfield had, that current Spidey has never had.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote