Thread: Manchester
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2019, 11:53 AM #35
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I've never been to Manchester but it's one of those places I've wanted to visit since I was a little kid because of Coronation Street, my Mum's favourite, so it was always on. Although now I've grown up I think living in Manchester is as much like Coronation Street as Eastenders is like living in east London. When I do get to go to Manchester I'm booking Annie to show me around.

I'd also like to spend some time in Liverpool and watch a match at Anfield.
The street I lived on in Lancs (when my eldest was just a tiny bebeh ) was exactly the style of terraced house that Coronation Street has (except with small front gardens, not right on the street)... and funnily enough I remember thinking at the time... it's actually a really ANTI-social type of street. Like the worst place for a soap? Because the houses are all connected there's little or no garden to the front so you don't really "see people in the street", and the gardens at the back of the houses all have tall (like 8ft+) walls or fences between the houses. It seems like it's all very packed together, and yet, in 18 months living there I swear we barely glimpsed a neighbour .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote