View Single Post
Old 26-10-2019, 07:21 PM #45
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Does anyone else have it related to absolutely NOTHING? I'm in the best job I've ever had, with an ethical and supportive company (something I've been desperate for for years), I'm finally finishing my degree, my wife is settling into her career, we're in the best financial position we've ever been by a significant margin, we're looking at new/bigger houses, everything on paper really couldn't be going much better... And yet I'm (just emerging from, thankfully) an extremely dark few months. Not my worst ever but definitely top 5.

My latest theory is that I have some sort of adjustment disorder... Any change (even 100% positive change) can send me into a bit of a spiral. My brain goes into overdrive trying to predict endless possible outcomes to endless possible situations and I end up mentally and physically exhausted.

I swear, I once had a (very brief) episode of derealisation (the world feels like "nothing is quite real") because we dramatically changed the colour scheme in the living room.
...or although everything is heading exactly where you want it to be etc...it’s still been lots of change and possibly some uncertainty as well...new things, not as confident etc ...no matter how great change is, it can still shake us, shake our sense of worth and confidence and just our sense of how we fit..?...I’m glad that it’s feeling much brighter and I’m thrilled that things are heading exactly how you want them to be.....

Last edited by Ammi; 26-10-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote