View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 10:08 PM #56
-

-

You STANK’AN FRENCH SLLLLUTTT!

9th Place: Celebrity Big Brother 14 (2014)

Now, before I get into why CBB14 isn’t necessarily a fantastic series, I’ll begin by why I think it’s a pretty good one.

The bar was set high with CBB13 and it would be pretty hard to follow it up. BB15 obviously failed in that department miserably, so here was another summer celeb series to take the bitter taste of Helen’s win from our mouths. And wow, did it get off to a good start.

CBB14 may just have the best first week of any celebrity series on CH5, period. It’d even give CBB3/4 a good run for their money, too. Everything was insane and absurd and perfect. It took no time at all for tensions to rise yet it was all so bloody hilarious. Leslie Jordan screeching at Gary Busey over what CGI was short for, all whilst wearing a directors hat <3 Frenchy being sent to the “celebrity scratch heap” (as she pronounced it) with an equally confused Gary <3 Lesie vs Frenchy providing some of the best quotes the series had ever seen <3 Ok, so it wasn’t all pretty. Kellie cleary wasn’t in the right frame of mind to be in such a tense environment, and it showed (especially in her treatment to Leslie). But it was still all fascinating to watch, and I will never forget the noise made by White Dee as Leslie went to strike Frenchy for her tearing up his expensive underpants <3333.

Ok, so what went wrong?

Well, CBB14 was the victim of a veryyy unfortunate eviction order. Like, catastrophic. So yay, David went first and no-one cared but then Leslie?? Frenchy??? In a VTS? Ok, so two people going consecutively doesn’t exactly sound series-breaking, but they were both massive characters who made the beginning so fantastic. Unfortunately, what was at first a 10/10 series became more of a “good but not great” one towards the end.

Still, it’s ranked where it is for the first 12 or so days. Amazing.

Nominated: CBB9 | CBB10 | CBB13 | CBB15 | CBB16 | CBB17 | CBB19 | CBB22

Evicted: CBB20 | CBB18 | CBB8 | CBB11 | CBB21 | CBB12 | CBB14
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote