View Single Post
Old 20-11-2019, 01:11 PM #69
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Ahh, so we're back to the corbyn hates jews nonsense. Yesterday a tory candidate was suspended for holocaust denial, but hey ho. Boris Johnson promised an inquiry into islamophobia in the conservative party during his leadership election, which Gove admitted they've done nothing about, and there are no real plans to address.

But still, let's all try and intellectualise this sham by pointing out a jew hater tried to use the correct pronunciation of a Jewish name, which to me, shows a real hatred for every jew that ever lived, going back as far as David.

I don't find debates like this particularly useful, so I only had it on in the background, but the moaning and groaning when corbyn mentioned the poor shows which side are really addressing injustice, and which side are so vacuously dishonest, that they peddle the same old hatred and projection time and time again.

Again for the people at the back; Boris johnson described gay people as bum boys in tank tops, black people as piccaninnies with watermelon smiles, and muslim women as letterboxes (leading to a 375% spike in attacks on Muslims). Corbyn has been an anti racism campaigner for decades.

The right wing has never been a friend to Jews, and people hopping on this train now because they've aligned themselves with a movement based on fear of immigrants really show themselves up when at the same time they support Israels apartheid state.

Selective outrage highlights the fact these people have no real interest in social justice, but merely use it for their own gain when it suits. Happy to call immigrants trash when it suits them and their bitterness.
Well quite.
But labour needs to address the antisemitism. I dont consider Corbyn antisemitic but he dropped the ball and didnt nip it in the bud.
Latent antisemitism is like racism, it is everywhere. Labour didnt act soon enough or decisively enough. Its political enemies took the chance to run with it.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote