View Single Post
Old 28-11-2019, 02:45 PM #40
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
You don't get to decide what is and isn't news based on what's convenient to you.

Answer me, was Trump lying when he visited the UK or are the Tory's lying? They contradict each other so you have to pick one side or the other.
I have been on LBC all day and watched the news and its gone as a news item, as i said when a BBC reporter at the event dismissed it as a damp squib in his report about it, its dead in the water.

"The infantile games played by Mr Corbyn and almost every Labour leader for the past 40 years in order to “weaponise” the NHS, as Ed Miliband put it in 2015, prevent politicians from making improvements for the benefit of the taxpayers who fund it and want it to work properly.

The Conservatives have shied away from reform for fear of being accused of privatising the NHS not just by Labour but by the great army of NHS employees who are wary of change, even though they know its top-heavy structures and inflexible systems are inimical to delivering the top quality health care that could be available to all.

Rightly or wrongly, the Conservatives are not only wedded to the NHS pretty much as it is established but their spending promises are only marginally less generous than their opponent’s. An analysis by the Institute for Fiscal Studies says that under Labour, the NHS would receive 2.3 per cent more funding by 2023 than the Tories have planned for. The NHS budget will have risen by £40 billion in the 10 years of Conservative-led government, hardly the actions of a party intent on running it down."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/...needed-reform/
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote