Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
A video has emerged showing police officers aiming guns at a white lorry that jack-knifed across London Bridge.

The footage shows several officers surrounding the vehicle before moving to the rear to check its container.

London buses can be seen either side of the lorry while three police cars are parked next to it on the bridge.

Another video filmed from a nearby bus showed the apparent suspect appearing to be shot as he lay on the ground.

Another man in a suit and jacket could be seen running from him, having apparently retrieved a large knife.

Witnesses have spoken to the BBC about what they saw.

Amanda Hunter, who was on a bus on London Bridge at the time, said: "All of a sudden [it] stopped and there was some commotion and I looked out the window and I just saw these three police officers going over to a man…

"It seemed like there was something in his hand, I'm not 100% sure. But then one of the police officers shot him."

Noa Bodner, who is stuck in a restaurant on London Bridge, told BBC News channel: "There was a rush of people coming in and everybody basically dived under the tables.

"We were told to keep away from the windows, people that came from the outside were saying that shots were fired."

She said the manager ran to lock the doors and staff told people to move away from the front of the restaurant.

She said the mood was "calm", "some people seem a bit distressed, but they're being looked after by friends or staff".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50604781
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote