View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 09:57 PM #40
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
What rights are we talking about here? France is not an impoverished country where corruption is everywhere. It's not.
We have the same rights in France, here we only discuss a pension regime that people are mad about because it means they need to pull the finger out of their arse to get to work and stop relying on the government.

I used to strike when I was much younger for much harder causes that created less division in the country. This one is uncalled for and stupid. The unions know exactly what they are doing by harassing a new guy in politics thinking he's weak.
My issue also is that they don't represent a majority a French people, it's always the same unions that are blocking the country and create a climate of tension and division, and don't respect the results from a direct election that took place 2 years and a half ago.
And what about the people who voted for Macron? They just need to shut up and accept it from the sounds of the unions. And that's not right, he was elected by the people so let him do his job.
It's not personal, it's a policy issue yes?... Whoever were ringing in these pension reforms would garner the same reaction, again why would they have to get to work, they are already workers. It's fine coming from an older person who as you've said protested when it benefitted you to do so... what of these young men working now and worrying about how these reforms will impact them in old age?