it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

Finished Survivor Pearl Islands! Such a great season and I think it’s now my favourite of all time.

Edgic:
Spoiler:

1. Sandra - After watching Pearl Islands, I can see why she is seen as the best Survivor player ever and this is only part 1 of Sandra’s Journey. I watched Pearl Islands being conscious not to just like her because everybody else does, but she may even be my all time favourite atm? I don’t watch Survivor for strategy so the main thing that sticks out to me is how hilarious Sandra is without strategy being involved. Read all this and tell me this isn’t the words of a hilarious human being:
Sandra on Jon: “I really can’t stand him, he talks too much crap all night long, cursing, he thinks he’s cute but it’s already old ” “Let it be known that Jon wakes up at noon and then he goes under the bushes, he has this secret spot where he takes an additional nap. I have yet to see him wash a dish, OR EVEN CLEAN A FISH.”
Sandra after stealing Morgan’s tarp: “Well you guys sleep tight don’t let the bed bugs bite, and um no hard feelings I see you guys tomorrow take care ^___^”
Sandra after getting shouted at: “YOU KNOW WHAT I CAN GET LOUD TOO WHAT THE **** I CAN GET LOUD TOO
Sandra on Trish: “We said you were a snake from Day One and you can’t be trusted, so goodbye ADIOS ^__^”
Sandra’s method of choosing who’s going home tonight: “Well somebody has to go home. Who wants to go home? Raise your hand right now! Don’t everybody jump up at the same time!”
Sandra on being blindsided “Where’s that snake mother****er Jon? I’ll tell you what, can’t nobody trust that bitch right there. I never trusted you from Day 1 LADIES HE CAN NOT BE TRUSTED
Sandra on trust: “I said I’d swear on my kids and in my head and under my breath I said I swear on my kids that I’ll screw you over and Burton
Sandra on her survival skills “I think I’ll give myself a 5. I think I could do good for a few days before I just… I dunno starve to death because I won’t eat hermit crabs. FIVE

2. Lillian - “These characteristics are Lillian Morris. I can’t change them. That’s just how I am.” Pearl Islands is my favourite season so far and it is helped by 3 factors, 1) Sandra, 2) The Outcast twist which let Lill come back, and 3) the final 2 of Sandra and Lill Lill was voted off on Day 9 after a fairly OTTP episode where she was very sad to be leaving and her torch did not go out on first try. This was a sign. She then came back and wanted to brighten up the series with The Scoutmaster, saying “I went out there and gave it my all, and I still want to prove them sonofbitches that… I AM TOUGH.” She did get voted back in, to which she reacted “OH MY GOD I AM a nice person! My heart! ” She then proceeded to do things like take a fishing trip, briefly regret it as she can’t fish, but goes on it anyway and gets drunk (Lill: “I AM THE SCOUTMASTER WOOHOO!!!”
Jon: “You’re drunk Lill!”
Lill: “I’VE HAD THREE QUARTERS OF A BEER!!! ”) and be a mediator (Jon: “I have a million questions I’d like to know about my grandmother but obviously some people don’t give a ****”
Sandra: “IT’S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME
Lill: “HIS GRANDMOTHER JUST DIED ” and against all odds made the final 2! Everyone was too scared to let Lill get to F2 because she was “too nice” only for her to lose 6-1 An arc

3. Christa - A fun, sarky CPM narrator which is always good Shawn is… the biggest puss I have ever met in my entire life ” “I think because we have won so many challenges, it’s starting to get annoying because we really want *someone* to leave ” “Jon is playing 500 games… SCREW HIM

4. Rupert - Rupert was fun! I thought he might get a bit obnoxious but he was hilarious throughout because he manages to combine being a weirdo with being a really good person. Stealing Morgan’s shoes and selling them WHO THE **** VOTED FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE??????????????? JONNY FAIRPLAY IS JONNY PAININTHEASS TO ME

5. Tijuana - Tijuana, or as Lill thought she was called, Tyuana She peaked in the launch episode when she was screaming at the shopkeepers, as opposed to Trish’s strategy of accidentally flirting with them () and getting in a fight with Nicole, the next episode contained calling Sandra a bitch after taking her tarp (Ok… regardless I take the tarp ) and then she became a fun CP3 presence in Pearl Islands “I have NOTHING to say to Osten! ”)

6. Shawn - A fun MORN who’s 7 episodes all bar one had at least one confessional of someone complaining about what a dick he was His reaction to Jon was fun too: “You want to sit there and call me an ass? We’re going to go and ****ing take care of this because you are not going to sit there and call me an ass anymore, alright you little ****? ENOUGH.”

7. Darrah - Ironic appreciation because… well just look at that edgic for one thing, but the every 40 mins we would see her, she would say things like Jon is a snake, he lies, but he also tells the truth too” or finding out that her boyfriend knows nothing about her courtesy of the loved ones reward challenge

8. Trish - A fun wannabe strategist with a messy downfall, and inadvertently flirts with Panamanian shopkeepers

9. Burton - I didn’t really like him in his first attempt because he treated Rupert in a ****ty way but he came back, apologised to Rupert and he was fine!

10. Ryan S. - An afterthought in terms of Pearl Islands but he was a good friend to Lill when she needed one and he overall came across like a genuinely good person in his two episodes?

11. Nicole - Was interesting in her first episode and I preferred the brief time she was shown to the various episodes of Osten, Andrew, Rhino, Michelle and Jon so congrats on that!

12. Osten - Soooooo ****ing pathetic and sometimes I liked him in an ironic way and then other times he would try and cut off a pelican’s head because he was scared of it and given that I am here for Part 1 of the Sandra Diaz Twine experience, not Part 2 of the Michael Skupin experience, I didn’t care for it.

13. Andrew - I don’t hate him as much as everybody else seems to? He was fine? The rant about the Outcast twist did give off a sense of entitlement but I feel like if it was one of the more popular people from this season, it would be one of their iconic moments so idc too much. I still don’t care for him though.

14. Ryan O. - A fan of pelicans and has a fun animal nickname in Rhino (which I liked because it sounds like Ryan O.) to fit in with that. Besides that… a non-entity.

15. Michelle - Pretty irrelevant but I appreciate her telling Jeff that he was talking crap because… he pretty much always does!

16. Jon - I probably take Jon too seriously but he is so infuriating to me lmao. He is a weasel with no morals and I could not stand watching him. He was painfully arrogant for somebody who has no redeeming qualities and lying that your grandma died for sympathy, and then being proud of it, is gross to say the least, especially when it was either him or Lill that got to see their loved ones and Lill was just about at breaking point.

I will move onto All Stars soon, even though it’s apparently awful and certain people I liked become awful in it too But positive thoughts! Here is my ranking of the cast based on their initial seasons:

1. Sue
2. Jerri
3. Shii Ann
4. Rudy
5. Tina
6. Kathy
7. Lex
8. Rupert
9. Richard
10. Rob C.
11. Jenna M.

12. Colby