Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Absolutely however things like this do impact on others so why does one persons rights trump anothers? Comparing someones sexual preference to something that's asking people to pretend they believe something they don't or else get taken to court/fired is ridiculous and quite frankly scary, 1984 territory. It's gotten to a point where people are saying biological sex is not real, sorry but I'm not going along with that. I challenge anyone to watch this video from Teen Vogue and not think that the world is gone insane

I do agree that legal action being taken over it is ridiculous, and of course biological sex is real. My point was more that people can and should be able to identify however they please and that should be accepted. It’s such a new thing, so those identifying with different pronouns or identities should also understand that it can be difficult for the average person to adapt or get used to that..

I have multiple nb friends, and yes I am guilty of using the wrong pronouns or deadnaming them just out of habit. They’ll normally just politely remind me, I’ll apologise, and we move on, which is how it should be.

But to completely disregard nb people and tell them its just a phase is uncalled for.