View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 03:43 PM #4005
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Saw the new Star Wars... I enjoyed it overall BUT I have two gripes that almost ruined the whole thing.

Spoiler:

1) I get that they were trying to pay tribute with the Leia stuff. They used old footage and cut it together with new conversations...

...and it's really obvious. It doesn't quite fit... the scenes play like bad video game cutscenes and it's really jarring. Like the characters are saying totally random **** to fit in with the footage they had of her.

2) Rey and Kylo Ren kissed and it was unnecessary, didn't really work in context, and felt a bit incesty. I don't think their connection was romantic, at all, it was a sort of "unexplainable connection through the force" and they didn't need to have them locking lips at the last second. Just weird

On the plus side though, at least they explained that Leia was trained as a Jedi by Luke and didn't just spontaneously start using the force out of nowhere in episode 7!

Spoiler:

...yeAh I would agree with both of those...there wasn’t really any value to having the kiss, it didn’t add anything, I don’t think...and Leia’s scenes were quite upsetting actually...it felt like it gave a messed/botchy vibe for her to leave on, which I hated because I adore her...

Last edited by Ammi; 11-01-2020 at 03:45 PM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote