View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 09:07 PM #4007
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
Spoiler:

...yeAh I would agree with both of those...there wasn’t really any value to having the kiss, it didn’t add anything, I don’t think...and Leia’s scenes were quite upsetting actually...it felt like it gave a messed/botchy vibe for her to leave on, which I hated because I adore her...
Spoiler:

I think the kiss actually takes AWAY from their story... the whole "Dyad in the force" thing... their link is something beyond human and totally unrelated to the "normal" human connection. That sort of made sense... ish... more like "force twins" than anything else. But to then make it a "romantic" thing? totally unnecessary and like I said it just felt kind of incesty in a few ways ... one with it being more like a sibling bond, and also, Kylo's actual mother (Leia) was obviously also a mother-figure to Rey who was an orphan. Ew.

And yes I agree the Leia scenes were just kind of sad. It was really obvious that she wasn't reacting to what was going on which just hammered home the fact that she WASN'T there more than anything else. I get what they were trying to do but someone should have pointed out early on that it wasn't working. A lot of the time they had her just stood around doing/saying nothing and looking really blank... honestly a bit like a ghost haunting the screen. It was ... off.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote