View Single Post
Old 21-01-2020, 08:56 AM #46
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
People pay a LOT more for Sky... how much say to they have, hmmmm?
100% say . You say "I don't want Sky any more" and then you stop paying them, and you don't get Sky any more, and no one gets threatened with fines, jail, and magic vans.

We were "cord cutters" for a few years, though I do have a TV license now because Sky TV, Broadband AND TV license worked out cheaper than JUST broadband with BT (which is mad) and BT and Sky are the only half decent fibre operators where I am.

I don't watch a lot of BBC (or much over-the-air TV in general...) just the occasional documentary on iPlayer and to be fair I am partial to a bit of Graham.

It's not even that I think the cost is excessive, or that I don't think people SHOULD choose to pay it, it's objectively a decent deal for the volume of content on offer... I just have major issues with the compulsory nature of it and the way they conduct it (threatening letters, threats to send round the heavies to come into your house?). Like "technically" you can opt out and not watch over-the-air, like I said, we did for years and I still watch very little on Sky... but "opting out" involves having the nerve to tear up the legal threats every few weeks and a lot of people will simply pay up for peace of mind. Like a bloody protection racket
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote