it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

Finished Survivor Vanuatu! A good season with some very entertaining people in spite of having a fair few people I didn’t really care about, although I didn’t dislike anyone

Edgic (disclaimer, Eliza’s may be my favourite of all time?):
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
I can't wait for Matthew to experience Ami and Twila and Scout and Eliza
You know me so well

1. Twila - Often compared to Sue Hawk but the comparisons are very true. Twila’s journey, like Sue’s, is so interesting to me. She started the game as a mother of one who works 3 jobs, 7 days a week to keep them financially stable, and was not very much of a people person with little social skills. She was put on a tribe with 8 women, which she wasn’t keen on because she has so few female friends in the outside world. However, she grew to like them, particularly Scout, which makes her story even better to me because reserved introvert meets 60 year old hippie Twila ruffled feathers when she started playing the game and swore on her son and then went back on her deal, which everyone held against her for the rest of the game. It’s all very sad because it links back to the person who’s life she wants to improve - her son. Aside from her story, Twila is ****ing hilarious Saying that girls who want to be pampered should go to the Holiday Inn, threatening to “whoop Mia’s scrawny lil ass”, enjoying being in an earthquake while everyone worries they might die, and calling Eliza a mother****er and telling her to go kiss her ****ing ass

2. Scout - Floaty hippie who legally changed her name from Janet Spencer (Linda Spencer the Lynne Dispenser who?) to SCOUT CLOUD LEE We have to stan already. As if this didn’t make for an interesting enough character, Scout is also incredibly grouchy (she’s pretty good at hiding her nasty side, but when her true colours come out, they’re no part of any rainbow I’ve ever seen) yet everyone still considers her the old lady full of wisdom. Yes, the same one who said **** like “Mia your volcano erupts more than I like, good luck in finding a husband that’ll put up with you ”, “Ami, queens get dethroned, and lightning will strike a lone tree on top of a mountain faster than anything.” Special mention to that time that Sarge was sitting red with rage that he’d been blindsided while Scout sang a song about a little candle next to him

3. Eliza - I read a post on Sucks which describes Eliza perfectly, “Eliza’s charm stems from her complete lack of it.” I present the thoughts and feelings about Eliza:
“Why would they keep ELIZA around without a muzzle?”
“I honestly trust ELIZA more than Lisa”
“SHE is killing our tribe”
“There is no way in hell I’m going home before ELIZA”
“ELIZA... she’s like a little kid”
“Oh we’re sending ELIZA home GOOD RIDDANCE”
Also, DECEPTIVE. LYING. BITCHES. is one of my favourite jury speeches

4. Ami - Was a slow burner to start with but became really good a few episodes in, and anyone who reminds me of Deena Bennett from the get go (I WILL NEVER COME SECOND AFTER A MAN) is obviously a top tier Survivor contestant. Her objection to Bubba joining the tribe because Michael Jordan doesn’t whisper to the other players during a game Also this is underrated:
Quote:
(Survivors have to guide their loved one)
Scout: “RIGHT RIGHT KEEP GOING RIGHT
Julie: “JUSTIN YOU’RE GOING THE WRONG WAY TURN AROUND
Eliza: “TURN AROOUUUUUUUUND
Ami: “You got it!! Woohoo! I love my girlfriend!
Twila: “STRAIGHT STRAIGHT STRAIGHT STRAIGHT
Chris: “GO LAURIE GO GO GO GO GO
Eliza: “NOOO NOOOO TURN AROUND LISTEN TO MY VOICE!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris: “STOOOOPPP DROOOOOP IT
Ami: “Follow my voice! I love you baby
Chris: “LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
5. Rory - Underrated weirdos who make me question how they’ve gotten this far in life (see Frank, Clay, Matthew) are one of my favourite types of Survivor contestants and Rory did a good job of it WE DO NOT NEED A DANCE “Ami I have no respect for you and you’re like a bad rash” Spinning in a field while everyone plots to get him out

6. Mia -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moniqua View Post
maffew are yew readeh for t'mia galeotalanza experience xD
I liked her for annoying Rory and Twila in the 3 episodes she appeared in but then she unfortunately went, but she had to in order for Twila to stay

7. Lisa - I WILL *NOT* KISS AMI’S BUTT TO STAY IN THE GAME I HOPE SHE GOES HOME

8. Travis - “I’M SWEATING LIKE A PROSTITUTE IN A CHURCH ” I liked Travis a fair bit and would have liked to see him last a while longer because he was fun butalso seemed like a good person who I could have really gotten behind?

9. John K. - Was fun in his episodes where he had a vis above 2!

10. Chris - There’s something I liked about Chris during the series that I couldn’t quite put my finger on, but the fact that he told his wife he got voted out straight after the Loved Ones challenges instead of telling her that he got to the final 2 is a highlight of the reunion

11. Lea - The Scout song moment is a highlight of Vanuatu, which leads to this placement. I also like the effort he’s put into shouting at challenges, his shot at being the caller was an experience.

12. Leann - (*Leann’s reflection on her Survivor experience*) “There are days where I think, why am I not at home on my couch, watching TV, eating chocolate cake, but it was so worth every minute for me

13. Julie - Was on the show for almost the whole season and yet the only thing I can think about her is Jeff Probst

14. Dolly - I kind of liked her for about 2 minutes then she got voted off.

15. Chad - Very UTR but respect to him for going on the show and showing that amputees can do Survivor

16. Brady - There are two things I like about Brady. The first is his edgic. The second is that he pretended he was on a Temporary Bureau Assignment to his work so he could be on the show.

17. John P. - was a (forgettable) contestant on Survivor: Vanuatu.

18. Brook - was also a (forgettable) contestant on Survivor: Vanuatu. Casted by Kelly Godsmith. (Not a typo)

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 21-01-2020 at 03:10 PM.
Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote