View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 07:11 PM #564

This is exciting, new unseen scenes from the movie were shown at QT's theatre last night - fuelling the fire even more of the much-anticipated 4 hour cut:

Quote:
So last night there was a trailer show at the New Beverly theatre off La Brea and it was a blast. The admission was free and it was pretty much a 2 hour mash up of trailers, 70s ads, and a Tom and Jerry short. But the best thing was in between all that stuff, they showed a few never before seen footage of OUATIH! There were 3 that I remember and I'm excited to share the details with fellow fans.

1st scene was another Hullabaloo song performed by Leonardo's Rick Dalton. This song wasn't as catchy as "Green Door", and he performed it as Jake Cahill, in his cowboy outfit.

2nd scene was Margot's Sharon Tate dancing to a rad tune looking particulary groovy with a black and white lined background. I recall a shot of this in the teaser trailer for the film. This scene was my favorite of the 3 and was really fun to watch. Austin Powers vibes. Lasted a solid 3 minutes.

The last scene started off with Cliff Booth hanging out on the roof of his trailer, watching an old film and drinking beer. He remarks about a Hollywood actress [Raquel Welch - he's watching "The Lady in Cement" which is advertised on the drive-in's billboard on his drive back to his trailer from Rick's house] to Brandi before heading back inside his trailer.

The scene then shifts to Sharon, Jay Sebring and a few friends at the Original Tommys location on Rampart. While ordering, Sharon doesn't want chili on her burger and Jay insists, playfully telling her not to embarrass him. The camera moves to the parking lot and you can see that Tommy's is more than just any burger place. It is a very popular hang out location for Mexican Americans of that era. You see lowriders, locals smoking dope, and even a few knuckleheads starting a fight. All this in the parking lot of this infamous LA burger joint. I loved this scene and i really wish it made the cut. It was so authentic LA. and felt alive.

Last edited by LaLaLand; 03-02-2020 at 07:13 PM.
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote