View Single Post
Old 30-03-2020, 12:49 PM #34
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
she did not mean gone but highly unlikely to be a cold and much much more likely to be covid, so treat as covid. See what the doc above says.

Essentially she was saying "you are not a doctor, dont risk your family and others on thinking its a cold, you have never had covid before, err on the side of caution"

save lives
Yes she's trying to encourage people to stay home with any symptoms which is absolutely the right call, I just question whether or not it's right to tell people it's "probably" Covid since it's probably a small bug they'll be over in three days and then baffled when they actually get Covid next month, believing they've already had it. It's probably where the rumours of "people being reinfected easily" came from in the first place - people thinking they'd had it once (but it was a normal cold) then it later "came back worse" (when they actually caught Covid).

So like I said - ANY symptom, act like you have it. Stay home, isolate, etc. Pretend you do have it whether it's likely or not.

But unless it's verified by a test, AFTER you recover, go back to assuming it was NOT Covid unless you have access to antibody testing that shows differently.

I guess the problem and their fear is that they don't trust the public to act like they have Covid on presenting any symptom, unless they can convince them that any symptom really = Covid.

I get that. I have a friend who has a sore throat and was pestering me about whether or not he "really" has to isolate and I had to explain that he absolutely DOES have to isolate, even though he probably doesn't have it. He was all for still going in to work. Given the area he lives in its highly unlikely he has it so its not easy trying to explain why he needs to isolate.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote