View Single Post
Old 26-06-2020, 05:32 AM #49
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I don’t think that in general, people are selfish or brainless or idiots...(...obviously those things will always apply to a few individuals...)..I agree with James, in that the guidance on the whole has been followed through this...and that guidance has at times been quite shaky as well and left so much ‘risk assessment’ open for interpretation...life has not been the same for all of us over these last months, so it’s easy to say...oh, how could you risk/how could you be so stupid..!!! Etc...but for some, they’ve needed that day at the beach and they’ve felt the need of it so much that they have taken risks....so, so many things and factors of people home schooling, having their children between home walls for 24hrs a day without a break, losing jobs and having no income, having to face food shortages and not having an income to afford a luxury of being able to stock up...daily, I’ve spoken to families who a few months ago, were ‘ticking along’, but who now have intervention teams of social workers in their lives ... mental health in parents and in children is at such a low....people have struggled so much for months...the scenes at the beaches yesterday is not a comfortable sight but it felt very much an understandable sight, though...those people, many of who may desperately want to have their children back at school but are unable to yet...took a risk yesterday because their mental well-being would have felt that need to...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote