BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Finished it not long after my other post and yeah... not something I'll be itching to see a season two of. Nice styling but just a really frustrating story with too many plotholes.
Dove into season two and I've watched 7 episodes so far and I feel largely the same, but am still enjoying it somewhat. It's just... I think I only like two of the Academy at best (Alison & Vanya) and the men are just varying degrees of irritating edgelord (ESPECIALLY Diego and Five), and then the Handler is just a bit too much of a joke, too wink wink nudge nudge to the viewer, to be taken as a compelling villain

Spoiler:

Major plotholes again; in episode 7, are you supposed to believe that in the 90 minutes Five had to gather everyone together and head back to 2019, he was able to drive to the country, tell Vanya they need to leave, Vanya tells Sissy all about her husband's threat towards Harlan, they decide to leave, write a note, and the husband - who was literally out drinking, perhaps even after this 90 minutes began - got home, called the cops, and set up a roadblock?

Not to mention Diego manages to take a corpse, in broad daylight, to the desert and dig a hole in this same time window (before getting drugged by Lila)

And even putting the awkward timeline things aside, there's just rarely any growth. Klaus' continued suppression of Ben despite their 200 reconciliations and promises to let Ben speak and be present? Vanya conveniently back to square one with no recollection of powers again?

The only really interesting storylines involve Alison's power to be honest; the implications of what she can do, the unwanted side effects, her situation with her daughter, wanting to use her powers for the greater good but being unable to without being corrupted or taken out... it's the only interesting power to me because:

1) Luther's just a sad hulk
2) Ben's a dead tentacle
3) Klaus just plays as a Jack Sparrow parody that ignores his power
4) Diego...can throw...knives...
5) Five's a little ****ing bitch
6) Vanya doesn't even know what she's doing or capable of

But eh... whatever. Dumb fun and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote