View Single Post
Old 24-08-2020, 10:42 AM #12
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Before anyone says ‘well he was getting in his car, he was probably scared for his life!! #backtheblue’

It’s funny cops don’t feel scared for their life when white men get in their cars and literally attack them.
This is the other side of it though. The answer has to be somewhere in the middle. This guy should quite clearly and for good reason have been stopped from getting back in that car and driving away - if he had driven off (rather than inexplicably deciding to ram the police car) there's a VERY high chance that he'd have caused a fatal crash or hit a pedestrian. There's clearly a huge mess with the US police not knowing how to use proportionate force... either using massive excessive force, or not being confident in using enough force to stop a genuinely high risk situation like this one.

I do think if someone has been told to stop and chooses to continue and reach into a vehicle (the man in the first video, to me, looks like he is clearly reaching into the vehicle - not climbing into it) then it would be a massive risk for that to continue - both to officers and bystanders - so some action has to be taken. Like I said though, from the video, there was ample opportunity while he was clearly unarmed to make a physical tackle or to use a taser if needed.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote