Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

The family and those I talk to in Scotland.
Most would now support independence.

However, polls can be misleading.
There's little doubt if the SNP do as well as last time or better in the Holyrood elections next year.

Then the Westminster government has problems to not permitting a new referendum, no matter what this Prime Minister Huff's and puffs now.

The recent polling over a rather long period now have shown a move to majority support for independence.

This poll however, with the increased figure is one I'd have a bit of sceptism to.
I don't like telephone polls which I believe this was.
Also the sample I believe was just over 1000 people.

There's no doubt now I'd say myself that there is even more dismay in many as to being fully ruled or overruled by Westminster.
Which I think this pandemic, the leaving the EU, plus the fact the UK is stuck with this hard-line Con majority government for another 4 years at least.
That dismay will only increase.

The Cons look to be doing a little better on paper in Scotland.
Unwise for them to think that in my view.

The old Labour votes are piled into the SNP as both firmer and also loaned votes now.

I still myself, much to the dismay of some of those I know in Scotland.
I'm half Scots, my Father was Scottish and my Mother Irish.
I still myself however rate the leadership of Nicola Sturgeon.
Her compassion in this pandemic too.
I doubt, obviously don't know, I doubt however she'll do much wrong to take support away from her and if she goes on the independence road again, getting stronger support again next year.

Then really, the Westminster governing party has a massive constitutional issues there if it denies the will of voters in Scotland.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote