View Single Post
Old 24-02-2021, 11:29 AM #16
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It is an issue though, with centres closed and bin collections in some areas (such as mine) now at a ridiculous once-every-3-weeks. I would never fly-tip as in dumping stuff in the middle of nowhere but, confession, I did take several large bags full of recycling to the big bins out the back of my old workplace and dumped it all in the recycling dumpster. They're closed as non-essential retail currently anyway but would normally generate tonnes of paper/cardboard recycling so there's a massive bin, still emptied weekly, sitting empty .
...yeah, it really is an issue, I think..I mean obviously we’re all ordering so much online now and have been for a long time...and that’s often packaging to be recycled, isn’t it...and that for us is every two weeks for the recycle bins...I’ve seen a few times that a family who lives close by and have small
three children have often put a few flat packed boxes etc by the side of their bin and it hasn’t been taken but just popped inside the bin for the next collection...which I do understand as well but then it just carries the issue as you say, on and on...there has been no solution/suggestion to that ever offered or suggested so far as I know for these ‘extraordinary times’ as they say...of people living in the online word of shopping and packaging and having so much more than in back in the day...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote