View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 06:07 PM #34
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
…this is exactly what this ‘conversation’ doesn’t need and will only make it more and more difficult and less likely….because the situation is being hijacked by bigotry IMO…

Genuine Bigotry on one side and unfounded (and in my opinion, often disingenuous and weaponised) accusations of bigotry on the other. It’s a mess all round and one feeds into the other; on the one hand genuine bigots can hide behind people who want a genuine conversation and pretend that they are not just bigots… on the other, it’s easier for people to throw accusations of “TERF” and “transphobe” at those people who just want a genuine conversation, if those people have genuine bigots clinging to their coat tails.

The result at the end of the day is that there can be no good faith political/academic discussion of the best way forward while there are genuinely hateful people screaming on one side, and aggressive moral-absolutist children chanting on the other.

It’s a flat-out dangerous discussion. We can discuss it in theory on a small anonymous platform like TiBB but in the open? Under my own name? Frankly - I simply am not prepared to take the sort of very real personal flak that comes with even trying to have that debate with anything resembling nuance.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote