View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 07:10 AM #57
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
The fact that you’re equating a vaccine to heroin honestly is just a ludicrous example of why this isn’t a real debate of any kind. I largely agree that medical procedures shouldn’t be mandatory but this is just over-the-top nonsense. “And what if your employer said you had to shoot someone in the face - would you do that???”. Soldiers (real ones, not the friendlier, more handsome Toy versions) have to do that. So I choose not to become a soldier. I don’t say “uhh but actually I still want to be a soldier I can’t believe you won’t let me be a soldier who doesn’t shoot anyone!”

In fact you can use an example I’ve already used. Running into a burning building is literally a million times more risky than taking a vaccine. Would I run into a burning building if my boss told me to? No ****ing chance. Guess who does that. Firefighters. People who don’t want to run into burning buildings don’t get to be firefighters. People who don’t want to vaccinate against illnesses that could kill their patients don’t get to work in healthcare. This is not a complicated issue.
I'm equating heroin and the vaccine because you're equating an injection into your body with PPE and GCSE's, two can play at that game.

Last edited by Alf; 10-11-2021 at 07:20 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote