View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 07:18 PM #18
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
I’m guessing you weren’t born in the 50’s or 60’s and quite possibly you’ve just heard a few of their popular songs like Hey Jude that wouldn’t get in my top 60 favourite Beatles songs for many people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm a music fan Zizu - I've heard every Beatles song (album track, anyway) at least once and their best tracks countless times. As I said, I'm not saying they aren't good music and I can also fully appreciate the influence they had on other bands and the direction of music in general going forward - many of my favourite bands and, indeed, many of my favourite genres would include The Beatles in their "family tree" so to speak.

However no I wasn't born in the 50's or 60's and that's sort of the point; people who were fans of The Beatles in their day are never going to have an objective view of the music in itself, because of the nostalgia and emotion that we all feel for our favourite bands, especially those we listened to through formative years.

I can only reiterate that, in my opinion, there are only a handful of Beatles tracks that shine as timeless, rather than "great for the time" but ultimately underwhelming as standalone pieces of music.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote