View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 09:38 AM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I wouldn't do it personally, but each to their own, I have no broader issue with it I just wouldn't want to have offspring out there that I didn't know about

I'm a bit unsure about financial incentives being offered... I think that's a bit of a minefield really. It should be something people do for altruistic reasons because they want to help people, not for monitary reasons, as that can lead to people going ahead with it and then regretting it later.
I understand what you are saying but it was the only way she could have IVF treatment due to the huge costs involved. There is an element of altruism really as you have to have counseling to know that there is still a high probability of failure and by donating you are basically halving your chances of having any eggs to freeze.

Having suffered from fertility problems myself, I always wanted to give something back to help other people who were struggling to conceive. Sadly IVF didn't work for me - neither did any other treatment I had (IUI, IVF with ICSI and other hormone treatment etc) but after I conceived naturally against all odds I went back to ask if I could donate but I was 36 by then so I was too old to donate.