View Single Post
Old 20-01-2023, 04:27 PM #197
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
the armourer is going to take the fall
I would say that in a case like this, the person whose actual role is to be responsible for the operation and safety of the firearms is genuinely "more" to blame and I also think it's right that Baldwin's part in the blame is being part of the production (and thus ultimately responsible for everyone's safety) rather than being the actor who fired the gun. If he was JUST an actor in it I would have said it's harsh for him to be charged at all.

I think in the end though, with CGI being as good as it is these days, there's a very good argument to be made for simply not allowing live ammunition to be on film sets at all. Blanks only.

The Brandon Lee case is actually slightly different - a bullet from a previous take was lodged in the barrel and it WAS a blank that was loaded for the scene when he was shot... but a live round is basically a blank (case & powder) + a bullet... so the blank fired the lodged bullet that was stuck. It's still a handling error, and it still would have been avoided if they hadn't been using live rounds at all, in any take.
Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote