Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
There are definitely worse ways to pass a Wednesday evening so I enjoyed watching it but at the end of the day Shamima knows what she did. She basically got caught up with the wrong crowd (all three girls, mind, were seemingly just normal, even good/intelligent, students until they got ISIS-indoctrinated) and ended up making the biggest mistake of her life by going over to Syria as a 15-year-old, getting married to an older guy and losing two (or three; I can’t even remember how many times she said she got pregnant while she was with him) of her kids. I do sympathise with her but it is kind of hard to believe that she seriously had no idea what ISIS was truly about when she first signed up and wasn’t able to take any cue whatsoever from the news/media about the dangers of it just because she was a teenager. But at the end of the day none of us really know her so it’s hard to say. I just know that I wouldn’t like to have been her during those years.
I believe the whole thing has effed her head up , but I agree that she was radicalised & brainwashed...but she still must have known this was wrong or atleast dangerous on some level. She was 15 not 9 so yeah .

Especially when isis was all over the news at the time aswell.