View Single Post
Old 15-03-2008, 06:52 PM #7
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Episode VI – Full Circles

It is said by some that the universe could be in the shape of a large toroid, or to put it another way, the shape of a doughnut. If you go far enough you end up where you started.

The former Spirit of Kindness, who goes by the name Rebecca Sands, appears to have done this. She managed to run away from one man who did unspeakable things to children like her, for profit, who was indirectly responsible for her human mother’s death. She then ended up relinquishing her status as a minor spirit of virtue of her own free will to become a plain eleven year old girl, was sent to America to live with her uncle and his family.

And now, after being turned away from a church youth club by an elderly lady who believes that because Rebecca’s parents were never married she should not step foot in a church building, Rebecca has been forced to try and find her way back to her uncle’s home through the rain soaked streets of Rochester in New Hampshire, only to run in to two men with a pickup truck, who seem to want to do the kinds of things to Rebecca that Jim, her mothers so called boy friend had threatened to do to her, and one of them is dragging Rebecca into the pickup truck.

In this sense, Rebecca has horrifically come full circle…

-

Rebecca was screaming with all her might, but the rain was incredibly heavy and most of the houses in the part of town she was in were well back from the tree lined roads. The man, dragging her in an arm-lock around her throat, towards the pickup truck was right; nobody would hear her above the sound of the rain.

Rebecca tried to prise his strong arm away, but he must have been a body builder as it was to no avail. She could not even stand upright, as he dragged her along. All Rebecca could think about now was that she was going to die and wondered if they would ever find her body, as this guys would probably kill her after they had done with her what they wanted. Maybe they even worked for Jim and had been sent to get her at the first opportunity.

She pleaded with the man to let her go, but he just asked why she wanted to deny him and his buddy some fun, and that struggling would do her no good, except he used what Rebecca was taught was really bad language.

They reached the side of the pick up

“Hey Vic” the man holding Rebecca shouted through the open window, “We’ve got a really live wire her, have you got anything to keep her from struggling?”
“Sure Joe” Rebecca heard the driver reply followed by the sound of another car door opening.

Rebecca screamed for help again, in sheer terror, crying as she did so, but to no avail. Nobody would be venturing out on a rain storm like this, to help a girl; especially a girl, who the elderly lady at the church building pointed out, was an illegitimate child.

“She sure has got a good pair of lungs Joe” The driver shouted at the man holding tightly on to Rebecca. Then to her horror, she felt him grab her legs and was wrapping something around her ankles that was thin and bit into her. The first man identified as Joe, spun Rebecca around so she was facing the ground and grabbed her arms and forced her hands behind her back, while the other man wrapped the same material around her wrists.
“I don’t know about you Joe” Rebecca heard the driver shout, “but this kid’s hollering is getting on my nerves”

At this the first man pulled out from somewhere a large sharp knife, rolled Rebecca on the ground and showed it to her, “You can shut up now girlie” he growled at her.
Rebecca through her tears clamped her mouth shut in terror at this man.

Then the driver came back after looking for something in the back of the pickup truck, produced an oblong piece of some grey sticky tape and firmly placed it over Rebecca’s mouth. “I’ll help you get her in the back of the truck” Vic the driver told Joe, and then Vic grabbed her feet.
“Boy, we are sure gonna have some fun tonight” Joe told Vic
“Yeah” Vic agreed

Rebecca tried to scream in hysterics through the tape over her mouth, but it was muted, and the sound of the rain was quite heavy. She felt herself now being lifted into the air as the two men picked her up to dump her in the back of the pickup truck.

She had spent just barely a week with her uncle’s family and now it was going to come to an end. These two men were going to do something horrible to her and most likely kill her at the end of whatever they considered “having fun” would be. She could vaguely remember the screams and sobs of the other children, brought to Jim’s flat when her mother would keep her tight sitting in her bedroom. These two people were Jims, or to be more accurate, Jim’s American counterparts, and Rebecca was probably one of many of their victims.

So was that how her tragic short life was going to end? – Would they even find her body?, or would she be like other little boys or girls she had heard about on the news, who vanished never to be seen again?

There was suddenly some metallic clicking sound coming from behind Joe, the first man that pierced the night through the sound of the rain.

“You boys can put her down on the ground right now” came the sound of a third man, a man who sounded almost familiar, but elderly.

“Mind your own business” yelled Joe without turning around, “We found her first”.

Rebecca felt her feet being lowered by Vic the driver.
“What are you doing Vic” Joe asked, “he’s only an old man by the sound of it, we can easily take him”

As Rebecca’s feet touched the ground, she could see Vic backing off with his hands raised, “It was his idea mister” he was whimpering.
“What are you doing Vic?” Joe yelled again.
“Joe, he has a shotgun” Vic explained

“Now you boy can put her down real slow as well” Rebecca heard the old man say above the sound of the rain.

Suddenly Rebecca felt a sharp blade held against her neck, “Back off old man, or the brat gets it”
“Joe let her go” Vic yelled, “He has a gun”
“And I have a knife at her jugular, who do you think has the faster reaction time, me or grandpa” Joe replied, “Vic get her feet” he then ordered

“I was ten times running the number one marksman on my base” the elderly voice said with stern resolution, “there is no way I can miss at this distance”

Rebecca felt blade firmly pressed into her neck, and she was going white with fear, was this third person was trying to save her or snatch her away as some kind of prize. She just closed her eyes and waited for the end.

The night was suddenly split by the sound of some siren and then Rebecca heard some car draw up close by.
“Joe Please” Yelled Vic, “just let her go”

Rebecca felt the knife taken from her throat as she was laid on the ground she opened her eyes so she could see the other car that had just arrived.

[img=500x250]http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/2941/NewHampshire_SP.jpg[/img]

It looked like a dark green police car and said “State Trooper” on the side.

“Now drop that knife on the ground real easy like” Rebecca heard the old man order Joe, and then she heard it clatter to the ground behind her.

Rebecca looked at the two police officers as they got out of the car brandishing their side arms.
“Put that gun down sir” Yelled one of the officers

There was another cracking sound behind her and then the elderly man shouted, “Hey Bert it’s me, you know I never carry a loaded shotgun in the truck”

“What?” screamed Vic, but it was too late, he was handcuffed by the other police officer and pushed into the back of the police car.

“Oh it’s you sir” the police officer replied then asked, “what seems to be happening”

“These scum bags were trying to abduct this young girl Bert, I just happened to be in the neighbourhood and thought I would do my civic duty and put a stop to that” The elderly man shouted at the two approaching officers.
“Good job sir, we just happened to be in the area responding to a report of a liquor store robbery in progress along this road” the first police officer replied

The second officer came right up to Rebecca and squatted down and placed his hand on her shoulder, “Sorry, but this might hurt” he apologised and then he pulled of the tape from her mouth, and Rebecca just ended up in uncontrollable sobbing. Then the police officer took a penknife from his belt and cut of the things that were binding Rebecca’s wrists, then he sat her up and cut off the thing binding her legs together. As the sobbing Rebecca looked at them, she saw that they were white and appeared to be made out of some kind of plastic. The police officer then took out some bag and placed them and the piece of tape in it.

“You take care of these two” said the elderly voice, “I’ll take the girl home”
“I’ll need you to come down town and make a statement from you and the girl” the second officer replied as he handcuffed Joe”
“Jethrow, I will come down after I have got this girl home, you’ve got enough here to charge them already” The old man instructed the officer.

The second officer marched Joe to the car and pushed him in the back with Vic his accomplice, and Rebecca finally got to look at her rescuer. He was old, and in the poor light and through her tears he almost looked like her Uncle Matthew.

The first officer came up to the two of them and spoke to Rebecca, “This man used to be the sheriff a few years back, so you are perfectly safe with him”, then he turned to the old man, “I just radioed to ask dispatch to send another squad car to attend the liquor store robbery and they told me they had no report of any, let alone along this road”

The old man just shook his head, “This storm might be causing signals from another area to be bounced over hear” he suggested, “We used to skip radio signals off of the ionosphere years ago, so it may have been something like that”
“Maybe” replied the first officer, “the female voice sounded Irish, so it could have come from New York”

The old man lead the still crying Rebecca by the hand, passed the pickup truck of the guys who had tried to abduct her to another pickup truck that was parked facing the wrong direction for American driving. The elderly man then lead Rebecca between the trucks into the road opened the door and assisted Rebecca getting in and strapped her in. He then closed the door and got in the driver seat, strapped himself in.

“Ok kid, where do your parents live?” He asked her in a gruff voice, “And what were you doing out on a night like this”
Rebecca tried to wipe her eyes on the sleeve of her coat, but it was soaked, “Their dead sir” she sniffed, “I was supposed to be at a church youth club with my friend Darren, but this lady said I was ill-e jit-e met and wasn’t allowed in” and then Rebecca broke down crying again.

The old man shook his head, “and she didn’t call anyone to pick you up”
“No sir” Rebecca sobbed, “She told me to go away or she would call the police”
The old man handed Rebecca a handkerchief to wipe her eyes, listening to the rain beat down on the car.

Then the old man asked Rebecca “Kid, you sound like you’re from England”
Rebecca just nodded, and then noticed that the old man was looking at her in a strange way.
“You remind me of someone, Kid” the old man told Rebecca, “So if your parents are deceased, who do you, live with”
“My uncle sir” Rebecca answered between sobs, “and his family”
“And where do they live?”
Rebecca screwed her face up, she had known the address, as she had to give it for school, but in the shock of the attack, it had gone from her head, “I can’t remember sir” she whispered.

The old man seemed to sigh, then he asked, “Hey Kid, do you know what your uncle’s first name is?”
“Matthew sir” Rebecca answered and then noticed the man frown slightly as if surprised by something.
“Do you know his last name Kid?”
“Sands sir” Rebecca replied and then for completeness said “Matthew Sands”
“And what’s your aunt’s first name?” the old man asked for some reason.
“Susan?” Rebecca answered

The old man immediately started the pick up truck, “I know exactly where you live” he told Rebecca, “I know him”

Throughout the ride, the old man seemed to go strangely silent and so Rebecca went likewise, she was now worried what her uncle and aunt would say to her. She had been turned away from their church because she was not supposed to have been their and wondered how they would punish her for bringing shame to them. She even wondered if her friend Darren would have nothing to do with her now, and she cried quietly. Her wonderful new life had been ruined, she had been attacked and somehow she thought it was all her fault, because she was what the elderly lady had said she was “Ill-e-Jit-e met”

Eventually the pickup truck arrived at her uncle’s home. The Jeep was missing from the driveway.

The old man turned the pickup truck engine off and got out, went round to Rebecca’s side and opened the door. Rebecca released the seatbelt and slowly climbed out, hanging her head in shame. The old man then locked the pick up truck and took her by the hand up the drive to the front door and rang the doorbell.

There was a sound of running feet behind the door, and the door was opened rapidly, by her Uncle Matthew.
Rebecca was going to say how sorry she was, when her uncle spoke first, “Dad? What are you doing here” he asked the old man.
Rebecca was shocked, and turned to the old man, “Are you my granddad?” she asked in astonishment, but the old man seemed to ignore her
“I was just driving through town Matthew” the old man replied, “and look who I found son” he added pointing to Rebecca, “She was wondering in the street when a couple of no good punks tried to have a go at her, but she’s ok and the police have them in custody now”
“Oh Rebecca!” her uncle exclaimed, “You better get inside have a hot shower and change out of those wet clothes”

Rebecca thought her Uncle Matthew would be sounding more angry with her than he was, maybe he was good at hiding it, so she trudged upstairs to her room, grabbed her bathrobe and headed for the bathroom. She must be in for it now

“May I come in son” the old man asked as Matthew was still in a state of shock
“Sure dad”
Matthew’s father stepped into the hallway and the two men looked at each other.
Matthew picked up a phone in the hall and began to dial ,“I need to call Susan” Matthew opened with, “She went out with Frank looking for Rebecca after we got the call from Darren’s mom” Then Matthew added, “I can’t drive at nights”
“I know son, it’s your night blindness” Matthew’s father replied, then the old man changed tone, “She looks a lot like Elizabeth”
Matthew nodded as the phone connected, “Frank, tell your mother in the Jeep there, your grandfather’s found her and brought her home”
“Oh that’s great news dad” came Franks voice over the phone, a pause, “Mom says we’re only five minutes away”, and then it hung up.

“Son” Matthew’s father started, “I was driving along when I saw a diversion sign, and when I got onto the diversion I saw these two guys trying to abduct the girl, I never realised until I spoke to the girl that she was Rebecca”
Matthew listened to what his father was saying, and the way it sounded seemed cold to him, so he needed to challenge his father, “And if you had known, would you have just driven straight on by on the other side”

Matthew’s father hung his head in shame as it were, something was going through his mind, “No Matthew, I couldn’t she’s just an innocent child”
“She always was dad” Matthew told him, “She always was” he repeated.
“You’re right Matthew, I’m sorry” his father responded, and it sounded like his voice might be cracking, but then he said, “I better go now, I have to go down town and give a statement, I’ll try and get them to see that they don’t need to interview Rebecca”, and then he opened the door and went out to his pick up truck.

Rebecca finished with the shower and made sure her wet clothes were in the laundry basket, but she still felt dirty. Her parents weren’t married so she was this illegitimate girl, and therefore should not be allowed near a church. She thought back to all those time she had visited an Anglican church, either with her mother or with the school, and thought even God would be angry at her for violating his law.

Tomorrow was Saturday, and then it was Sunday, and she did not know what to do, she liked their church, but if she was not supposed to be there . . .

Rebecca went back into her bedroom and just sat down on the floor between the bed and the wall. She did not think she deserved her nice soft bed, as she must be such a horrid person, and she just sat there holding her knees, resting her head against the wall and silently crying. She felt so ashamed and once again wish she had never been born.

There was a knock on Rebecca’s door, but Rebecca just sat there in the wet bathrobe, almost catatonic.

It was Aunt Susan, probably come to reprimand her.

But no!

Her aunt came in, bent down to take Rebecca by her hands and slowly lifted her up, and sat her on the bed. Rebecca could not bear to look at her in the eyes, so ashamed did she feel, “I’m sorry Aunt Susan” she was able to bleat before she dissolved into tears.

Susan sat down on the bed beside Rebecca and pulled her onto her lap and just held her in her arms, “Rebecca, sweetheart” she told Rebecca softly, “You have nothing to be sorry about, you didn’t do anything wrong”
“But I tried to go into a church” Rebecca sobbed, “and that lady said I wasn’t supposed to be there because my mum and dad weren’t married” she just about managed, then “and because I am Ill-e-jit-e-met”
“I heard Sweetheart” Susan responded, still comforting Rebecca, “Darren’s mother told me, Darren told the youth leader as soon as he could, what that woman had done, but by then you had gone”
“I didn’t mean to break the rules or cause trouble” Rebecca then sobbed
Susan made sure she was looking Rebecca in the eye, “Rebecca, you didn’t break any rules, that lady was using a piece scripture completely out of context and is one hundred percent wrong. In fact she is not even part of the youth club team, and I have no idea why she was there”

There was another knock on the door, Susan told them to come in and it was Frank with a mug of hot chocolate, “Dad sent me up with this for Rebecca” he told Susan. Susan took Rebecca off of her lap, and sat her on the bed, took the cup and gave it to Rebecca, and held an arm around her while she drank.

“I hope they lock those guys who attacked you Rebecca, I hope they lock them up for life” Frank told her, his voice betraying a lot of anger.
“That’s enough Frank” Susan told him
“By the way mom, Dad’s on the phone to the police, to see if Rebecca needs to go in to the station tonight and give a statement”
“Well not tonight she’s not” Susan insisted, “She’s not in a fit state to, she needs to have a good night sleep first”

Rebecca finished the drink and Frank took the empty cup, while Susan helped Rebecca get into her night clothes and then she tucked her into bed, and knelt by her bedside.

Matthew came in and told her that her grandfather had made a statement about how he had witnessed everything and had persuaded the police that she would be too traumatised to remember anything at this time to give a statement, plus the arresting officers had more than enough evidence for a conviction, and anyway being a lawyer, Matthew could speak to the DA on Monday to see what the situation was if need be.

Matthew called Frank to Rebecca’s room, and then Matthew lead a prayer, thanking God for bringing Rebecca’s grandfather along in the nick of time, and the police officers, and what a true blessing Rebecca was, and giving thanks for Darren who had alerted the youth club leader.

As Matthew and Frank left the room, Susan asked Matthew to bring her a cushion, she was going to sit next to Rebecca’s bed for a while, to reassure her that she could sleep in perfect safety. Matthew said he would bring two, so he could stay with her as well on the other side of the bed.
Frank butted in and told them hew would get the cushions so they did not have to leave his Rebecca.

Rebecca just sniffed, “I’m sorry I’m ill-e-jit-e-met” and a tear ran down the side of her head, as she lay on the bed”
“That’s not your fault love” Matthew told her, “and it doesn’t matter to us anyway”
“That woman at the church building was well out of line holding that against you” Susan chipped in, “Her attitude is unscriptural, and I am going to have word’s tomorrow about it”
“But you’re at work tomorrow” Matthew cut in, “I could go and see her instead” he then offered
“Thanks darling, but a woman did this to our Rebecca” Susan replied, She emphasised the “our” Matthew observed,”and so it needs a woman to deal with it. I can give Jennifer a ring to arrange for cover at the office”, then Susan gently stroked Rebecca’s hair, “beside’s I think Rebecca’s much more important at the moment than some Real Estate office”

As her aunt and uncle talked across her, Rebecca realised that they were going out of their way for her and it somehow did not seem right that anyone should be so concerned about a person like her. “I’m sorry to cause so much trouble” Rebecca whined
“You haven’t sweetheart” Susan reassured her, “that lady did, and you and me will sort her out tomorrow”
“I think you should have Brian there” Matthew insisted.
“Ok Darling” Susan replied.

Frank brought in the two extra cushions and gave them to his parents and wished Rebecca good night. Matthew asked Frank to phone up Brian, so he call in the elderly lady that had barred Rebecca from the church building, and would be present when Susan spoke to her. Frank duly left Rebecca’s room to phone the person he was asked to.

It took about twenty minutes for Rebecca to drift off to sleep, but Matthew and Susan stayed with her for another hour, before slowly getting up off of the floor, then they stood for a further ten minutes watching her sleep from the door
“I am so angry at Isabel” Matthew whispered to his wife, “I know Rebecca is my niece, but I could not be more angrier if she were my own daughter”
“Yes darling, I couldn’t agree more” Susan replied, and then they left to go to bed themselves, taking Rebecca’s wet bathrobe to hang up to dry in the bathroom. Susan insisted on leaving their bedroom door, open ajar, just in case Rebecca needed them in the night.

Strangely enough Rebecca did not dream about what had happened to her, it was as if someone had entered her dreams and were vetting them, so she had a restful night.

Frank had been talking on the downstairs computer via MSN with some people and so was a bit later to bed. As he neared, Rebecca’s room, for a moment out of the corner of his eye, he thought he saw someone female in the room with her, and thought it was his mother, but as he looked again, there was only Rebecca, sleeping peacefully in her bed.

+-+-+

It was Saturday morning and Rebecca woke up later than usual, which was odd for her.
“You sleep well?” Susan asked her from the door.
Rebecca, was still groggy and so answered, “Yes mum” then realised what she had said and corrected herself as she became more awake, “Sorry, Aunt Susan I didn’t mean to call you mum”

Susan came in, sat on the bed and gave Rebecca a big hug, “That’s ok Rebecca, I don’t mind” she told her, then kissed Rebecca on her forehead, “I told you, you are like the daughter I could never have”

Susan then helped Rebecca get up and ushered her into the bathroom to shower, and made sure the hot water was on. Rebecca had had a serious blow to her self esteem thanks to the elderly lady at the church building, and Susan did not want Rebecca punishing herself for something that was not her fault. But Rebecca was eleven, she was growing up, so she had to let her do something’s for her self.

No matter how much Rebecca washed herself in the shower, again she felt dirty inside, what the elderly lady had said really hit home and it was almost like back in Slough, when the other children who shunned her, because of what her mother did for a living, what ever that was

There was a knock on the bathroom door, and an “Are you ok in there” from Aunt Susan, and so Rebecca quickly finished up, dried herself, put her bathrobe on and emerged from the bathroom, very subdued.

At breakfast Rebecca continued to be subdued and had to be coaxed into eating, Once again Matthew offered to come with her, but Susan was adamant, if a woman had done this then a woman had to confront her, and Rebecca had to see that this woman was “wrong, wrong wrongerty wrong” as Susan put it.

Just before they left, there was a knock on the door, and Matthew went to answer it, in case it was the police.

It was Darren and his brother Michael, come to apologise. Michael was mortified and Rebecca could hear from the living room that Michael was saying how he should have waited to see they were both safe inside instead of assuming they would be ok and driving off to work after he had dropped them off. Matthew asked if that was what he always did with his brother Darren and Michael admitted that was what he had always done and there had never been any problems before, the area was well lit and it was a clear line to the door.

Again Rebecca heard her uncle blame the elderly woman, that there was no way Michael could have known what was going to happen, but Michael insisted, from then on, he would make sure who ever he was taking would be escorted to the door, even if it was just his brother, and he would make sure they were safely inside before driving off.

Darren just came into the living room and looked at Rebecca sitting down on a couch waiting to go with Susan to the church building. Darren at that point found he just could not speak, so Rebecca got up and gave him a big hug, “Thank you for telling on that lady” she whispered into Darren’s ear, and then she let him go.
“Can I still be your friend?” Darren was just able to ask.
Rebecca quickly nodded, she had never had friends back in Slough, and she did not want to lose the one she had made that week.
Darren gave Rebecca a quick hug and then went back to his brother, Rebecca could just about tell, that Darren was crying too.

“He’ll be taking you to the senior prom next” Frank joked, but Rebecca just looked at him in a state of confusion.
“Sorry Rebecca, he’s a great friend to have I mean” Frank clarified.

Then it was time to go to the building, and Rebecca was dreading it, in the Jeep Susan told Rebecca that Brian the evangelist at their church had been away preaching at another congregation the previous weekend, but was back and he had been told all about what had happened, and that he had no problem whatsoever with Rebecca stepping foot inside the church building and that he had called the lady into the building, but he would be meeting Susan and Rebecca outside.

Rebecca was just silent and subdued, she had been told she was illegitimate and therefore second class, maybe that was why she never had friends when she was at school in Slough

Sure enough, once they got to the church parking lot, outside was a big black man in Jeans and a red golfing shirt with his name and the name of the church embroidered on it.

Rebecca felt nervous and immediately apologised for her dead parents not being married, and she was almost crying when she said it, but Brian just picked her up and told her “Rebecca, you are not responsible for who you were born to, whether you are legitimate or illegitimate, that’s something your parents would have to give an account for, not you”

And then he carried her into the building and into the main auditorium, where the old lady was patiently sitting amongst a circle of chairs. Susan followed behind and sat down on a seat on the other side of the circle facing the elderly woman.

The lady took one look at Rebecca and her face went red with indignation, “Why have you got that child in a House of God, don’t you know she was born out of Holy Wedlock”
“What’s that got to do with anything?” Brian challenged after putting Rebecca down on a seat next to her aunt, “I know about her parents and she is still welcome to come into the building” then to emphasise his point, “anyway Isabel this is just a building, you should know that the church is not a building built by the hands of men” and then he sat down at a part of the circle between the two parties.

“But the Bible clearly says” the elderly lady started
“Isabel” Susan interrupted, “When you turned my niece away last night, did you even think what would happen to her?”
Isabel was indignant and clearly had not registered Brian’s point about the church building, “Well you should have thought about that before saying she could come into a house of God in violation of God’s Holy Law”
“What law Isabel?” Susan asked

Isabel then grinned a smug grin, “ Deuteronomy Chapter twenty three and verse two
“Isabel” Susan then asked, “Do you eat pork?”
“Of course I do, what’s that got to do with allowing a child born out of holy wedlock into a house of God, thus condoning the sin of sex outside of marriage”
“Well Isabel, prohibition against eating pork is in the same area of scripture” Susan replied.
“But Jesus declared all foods clean, as did Saint Paul” Isabel protested
“Your right they did Isabel, the passage you quoted at my dau..” Susan stopped after this brief Freudian slip, and restarted, “at Rebecca last night and at us just now, like the food laws do not apply to us today Isabel, they were for the Children of Israel, not for us”

Rebecca caught the slip of the tongue her Aunt Susan made, Did she, like her beloved Uncle Matthew consider her to be as a daughter as well?

“In my day, Mrs Sands, these children were rightfully stigmatised, to show people it was just plain wrong to have children out of wedlock” then she turned to Brian, “Or is another Gospel being preached”

Before Brian could respond, Susan jumped in, “Isabel, don’t put words into our mouths, we just like you disagree with sex before marriage and having children outside the bounds of marriage..”

Rebecca looked down at the floor and felt like she had been kicked in the stomach, her Aunt must think the same of her as this elderly woman, because her parents were not married.

Susan put a gentle arm around Rebecca, “But if you like quoting the Old Testament so much, have you bothered to read Ezekiel eighteen twenty, it shows that what ever Rebecca’s parents did, God does not hold her responsible for it, The Bible teaches Rebecca here is totally innocent of any wrong doing they may or may not have done.”

“But, but” Isabel spluttered

Susan was now in full flow, “Remember Isabel, Jesus said not to hinder children coming to him in three separate gospels, do you want me to list them?, now why would he say that if he would turn them away based on their parent’s marital status? Why would he say what he said in John three sixteen if the marital status of the parents of the believer mattered?”

Rebecca could see that Isabel was loosing the argument, but that still did not stop her feeling dirty inside, and feeling second class.

“Isabel” Susan was continuing, “the fact that Rebecca’s mother never got to marry Rebecca’s father, does not alter how Matthew and I feel about her, we still love her as if she were our own daughter and your actions last night meant she was out in the rain and she was actually attacked, if my father-in-law had not come along she would have been murdered or worse” Susan was starting to let her emotions get the better of her.
“In my day” Isabel started to respond, but Brian signalled to both Isabel and Susan to stop.

“Isabel, let me just say this by turning Rebecca away from the building last night, the way you did, you broke our child protection policy”, Brian began, and then he went on “Isabel I do remember those days when a child was stigmatised like you said, and they were horrible times”, if I recall though it was to shame the parents into marrying, am I right?”
“Well I suppose” Isabel responded, but Brian would not allow her to speak any more
“But Rebecca’s parents are dead Isabel, so what did you achieve?”
“Why were you even there? You’re not even a youth leader Isabel?” Susan chipped in, before Brian motioned for her to stop as well.
“Well I am surprised at you” Isabel retorted to Brian, “I was only trying to protect the integrity of this house of God and”

“Isabel, I really hoped was someone else and not you” came a familiar gruff voice behind them,.

Rebecca turned round to see her grandfather had come into the building, and then she turned round and looked at the floor, so he did not have to look at her, as he was ashamed of her as well because she was an illegitimate child.

“Susan” Rebecca’s grandfather told her, “Matthew said you were speaking with Brian and the lady who turned Rebecca away last night. I suspected it might be Isabel, but I couldn’t be sure and I had hoped I would be wrong”

“But Thomas” Isabel said, “You agree with me, you even had the guts to disown your wayward daughter”

Rebecca’s grandfather came and sat next to Rebecca and looked across at Isabel, “I know I did, you said it was the only way”
“And it was” Isabel reassured him
“And now she’s dead, so what did I achieve” Thomas snapped back, and then he put a loving arm around Rebecca, “I orphaned my own granddaughter, that’s what”
“You were only doing what was ..” Isabel tried to come back with
“I allowed my pride to get the better of me, and when I saw Rebecca here, at the hands of those no good punks that she landed up in, because you turned her away from a place of safety, and afterwards when I had a chance to think about it, I could not help thinking, that the no good man that forced my only daughter to sell her body in a foreign land was because I did the same as you Isabel”

Isabel just shook her head, “But Thomas”

But Rebecca’s grandfather just cut her off and repeated, “I’m sorry it was you Isabel, as we go back the longest and were cut from the same cloth”. Then Thomas got up, walked to the door, and opened it. In walked two police officers and Thomas then returned to sitting beside Rebecca.

“I’m sorry Brian, but after my statement, and after what the youth club leader had to tell the police last night..”
Thomas did not get to finish his statement as one of the officers walked up to Isabel and told her, “Isabel Lloyd, I’m arresting you on suspicion of child endangerment” and then he read Isabel her Miranda rights while she looked up at the officer in disbelief and righteous indignation. The police officer brought out some handcuffs, but Thomas shook his head at them, “You don’t need them for her”
Isabel stood up and mouthed a thank you at Rebecca’s grandfather and then left with the officers

“I don’t think she’ll be back” Brian sighed, “I am not even sure she was a member”
“Her husband was” Rebecca’s grandfather replied, “She is still very much wedded to her old Lutheran beliefs I suspect

Rebecca still felt dirty and close to tears, “Granddad, are you still ashamed of me” she quietly asked
Thomas put his arm around Rebecca’s shoulders again and looked at her, “No I’m not Rebecca, I saw how you struggled last night against those punks and did not give in, and I am proud to have you as my granddaughter”

Susan was open mouthed, at the sight of her father in law finally recognising Rebecca’s existence and expressing pride in her. The scare the previous evening had certainly opened his eyes to how he had been. Susan could not believe this was happening because of how vitriolic he had been in years past.

Thomas then turned to Susan, “Susan, you make sure you and Matthew do what’s right by my Rebecca”
“Yes Thomas, I intend to” she replied, only just managing to control her emotions.

Rebecca got off of her chair and turned to her grandfather with her arms wide open, and he allowed his granddaughter to give him as big a hug as she could manage, “Thank you for saving me last night granddad” she told him, then added, “I love you granddad”
“I love you too Rebecca” he reciprocated, “And I want you to bring your new family to lunch at my house right after church tomorrow”

Thomas then got up and said to Brian, “I’m sorry the police had to come in here like that, the youth club lead did not know Isabel’s name and they were going to come to the worship service tomorrow, but when I was told that you were meeting her today, I had to let them know that the woman responsible was going to be here”
“I understand Thomas” Brain told him, “You had to do what you had to do, and I’m glad they did come today instead of tomorrow”
“I have to go down to the station, and make sure Isabel is treated right” Thomas replied, “In spite of what she did, she was a good friend over the years” and then Thomas slowly walked out, even Rebecca could tell her grandfather was deeply upset at what had happened.

Rebecca then got off of her chair went over to Brian the evangelist, “Sir, because I am what the lady said ill-e-jit-e-met, does it mean am I not allowed to come to church anymore” Rebecca asked still unsure as to where she stood, she had barely kept up with her aunt’s arguments, all she knew was that her aunt had been winning them.

“Of course you can still come to church” Brian beamed “You are always welcome,. Rebecca .You were never, not allowed to, Isabel was wrong, and she’s had no right to tell you what she did and do what she did” then for good measure Brian went on, “You can even come to the youth club on Friday, and I will be there this time to make sure you get let in”
Rebecca hugged Brian and then went over to where she had been sitting beside her aunt, who was by now standing up.
“Thanks for coming down” Susan told Brian as she took hold of Rebecca’s hand
“It was no trouble Susan” Brian replied, and then he bent down to speak to Rebecca, “And I am so glad I got to meet you at last Rebecca, although I must say, I wish it had been under better circumstances”
“Thank you Mr Brian” replied Rebecca as she looked up at the evangelist, he was a big man like Jim, but for some reason, his gentle manner meant he did not scare her, and so she smiled at him and he smiled back.
“Let’s go home now” Susan told Rebecca, “I want to discuss something with you, Matthew and Frank all together”
“OK Aunt Susan” Rebecca replied and was lead by the hand by her aunt, out of the building, into the parking lot to the Jeep

What was this thing that her aunt wanted to discuss Rebecca wondered and feared the worse, “What if they want to send me away because other members of their church thought the same as that elderly lady, where could she go then?

All the way home in the Jeep, Rebecca hardy dared to say a word, she just kept thinking about her status as an illegitimate child, would Darren be banned from speaking to her by his parents? What would happen if her classmates had found out? Already at school the teachers had to pull someone up for making fun of her accent, what if the school authorities didn’t want her there because she was an illegitimate child.

Rebecca knew that Uncle Matthew, Aunt Susan and Frank loved her, it was even the case now that her Granddad loved her, but if she was so tainted, was that fair on them to have her around. All sorts of dark thoughts about herself returned to dance around her head.

The Jeep stopped in the driveway

Susan said to her “You’ve been awfully quiet Rebecca”
“Sorry Aunt Susan” Rebecca apologised
“Are you still upset by what Isabel told you about your parents not being married?”
Rebecca nodded, “What’s being stigmatised Aunt Susan? It didn’t sound nice”
“Rebecca, it’s not and I can see Isabel hurt you really a lot, didn’t she”
Rebecca nodded and broke down in tears, “I feel so horrid and dirty inside Aunt Susan” she sobbed.
Susan leaned over and hugged Rebecca, “She was a mean and spiteful woman Rebecca” Susan told her, “your not dirty inside, that’s a big lie, I don’t believe that for one second”

After about five minutes comforting Rebecca, Susan got out of the Jeep and then helped Rebecca from the Jeep. Rebecca stood there watching as her aunt shut the door and locked the Jeep, then Susan turned round, bent down and put her hands gently on Rebecca’s shoulder. “Rebecca, we took you in to our home, and now you are living with us, but now I don’t think that’s enough” Susan told her, then she went and opened the front door and ushered Rebecca in.

They hung their coats in the hall and Rebecca entered the lounge, where her Uncle Matthew was sitting in an easy chair, reading some law magazine. Her Aunt Susan went upstairs to fetch Frank.

Rebecca sat down on the sofa, sitting very straight, she did not have a clue what her Aunt had meant by what she had said outside, they had given Rebecca a new place to stay and she was grateful for it, and she knew they all loved her to bits and she loved them back, so what else should they be doing?

Susan came into the living room, followed by Frank, who was slightly annoyed that he had been interrupted in trying to get to the next level of some game. Rebecca felt guilty that she was causing so much interruption and so looked down at the carpet in shame and keeping quiet.

Frank sat on a hardback chair from the dining table, backwards as it were, until his father told him to sit on it properly, so Frank turned the chair around, sat on it and leant forward.

Susan sat next to Rebecca on the sofa and put her arm around her.

“Frank, I want to discuss something concerning Rebecca”
Rebecca could not help herself saying “oh no” in a very worried tone, had she done something wrong at the church building? Was it to do with her being illegitimate? But then her Uncle knew all about that?
“It’s ok sweetheart, it’s nothing bad” Susan whispered, and gave her a hug as it were with the arm she had around Rebecca and kissed her on the top of her head.

“What Mom?” Frank Replied, “If it’s about looking after Rebecca by going with her to that youth club next Friday, that’s fine by me” Then he added to try and show he was a man, “I will treat her like she were my own kid sister, so don’t worry mom”

“But what if she were?” Susan said quietly, and for clarification added, “officially your sister Frank”

Matthew leaned forward in his chair, Was his wife finally voicing what he wanted to do for his dead sister’s child, his orphaned niece, but had thought was no longer an option due to the passage of time?

Rebecca felt confused, what were they talking about? Frank was her cousin, not her brother, how could she officially be his sister?

“Would you have any problems with that Frank?” Susan pressed.

Rebecca was even more confused, Frank had acted like the big brother she never had, so what was going on? Did her cousin have an issue with her.

“Mom, Dad, if you are thinking what I think you are thinking” Frank began slowly and deliberately, “I don’t care if you leave Rebecca everything, if that’s what you think I would have a problem with. My only problem mom is why you had to wait over a week before suggesting what I think you’re suggesting”

“So Susan you still want to?” Rebecca’s uncle stuttered, “Even after all these years”,

Rebecca still was wondering what they were talking about, Aunt Susan had said it was nothing bad, but it was disconcerting that they all seemed to be clued in, except her. She tried desperately to try and work out what it could be, something sounded familiar, but at that moment she was so wound up about her status regarding her illegitimacy and what others would think of her she could not quite put her finger on it.

Whilst Rebecca was wracking her brains, her Aunt replied to her uncle, “Absolutely Matthew, don’t you still want to”

“Absolutely Susan it’s what I wanted to do all those years ago” Matthew replied, “I just thought with Frank being older he“
“Hey Dad” Frank cut in, “I’m still here you know, and I say just go for it. Come on Dad, Rebecca deserves this after what she has been through”, then Frank looked right at Rebecca and could somehow sense her confusion, “Rebecca” he called
“Yes Frank?” Rebecca nervously replied.
“You know what we’re talking about?”
Rebecca slowly shook her head

“Sorry sweetheart” Susan told her, and then kissed her on the top of her head again, “As I said outside, we took you in and gave you a home with us, but I just don’t think that’s enough, I don’t want you to think of yourself as some kind of outsider just living with us Rebecca, I want you to be a full member of our family, I think its time Matthew and I formally adopted you as our daughter”

Rebecca was confused still, “I thought they only did that with babies and only celebrities like Madonna” she replied
Susan smiled at her, “It’s not just celebrities and babies, Rebecca sweetheart, it can be ordinary people and children your age as well”
Matthew got up out of his chair and sat next to Rebecca on the sofa and put an arm round Rebecca as well, “As you are my sister’s daughter” he started, “it will be classed as an intra-family adoption, and since Susan and I are already registered as your legal guardians, the process should be much quicker than a standard adoption”
“And then” Susan added, “We will legally be your new parents, and Frank will be your brother and you will officially be our daughter, just as if I had you myself”

Rebecca looked at Aunt Susan, then her Uncle Matthew and then Frank, then she turned to her Aunt Susan again, “If you are going to be my new parents, do I still call you Aunt Susan and Uncle Matthew or do I call you Mum and Dad?”
Susan smiled at her, “You can call us mum and dad or aunt and uncle, what ever you feel comfortable with Rebecca”
Rebecca thought for a moment back to what that lady had called her and so nervously she asked, “If you adopt me, will I still be ill-e-jit-e-met”
“No love” Matthew replied, “You won’t be illegitimate any more”
Susan showed Rebecca her wedding ring, “When you’re my daughter, nobody will be able say that to you again”

Rebecca hugged her aunt, “Please adopt me Aunt Susan” she pleaded, “I don’t want to be illegitimate”, then she turned and hugged her uncle, “Please Uncle Matthew, I want you to be my new Dad” then she added, “I promise to be good, please”
“First thing love” Matthew told her, “First thing on Monday morning I will start the process”
“In the mean time” Susan added, “You don’t have to wait if you want to call us mom and dad, just go right ahead”
“Thank you Mum” Rebecca slowly said to Susan, “Thank you Dad” she slowly said to Matthew. It seemed odd to her, but it felt like something she really wanted to do.

Rebecca then climbed off of the sofa and walked over to Frank with her arms wide open, Frank got off of the chair, and allowed Rebecca to give him a hug too, “Your finally going to be my kid sister at last” Frank told her, “I always wanted a brother or sister”.

The following day was Sunday again, and they all went to church together this time, in Matthew’s car, Rebecca felt really apprehensive, as to what people would think of her now. Her aunt and uncle were going to be her new mum and dad, and she had happily been referring to them as such in the house, although she knew that it was unofficial until the paperwork was approved, but for the moment, she was still technically this illegitimate child that the elderly lady referred to. Would others now treat her differently to how they treated her the previous week?

Outside the church building, Brian was there to meet them, as Matthew had phoned ahead, just in case anyone secretly agreed with Isabel. Their church had been like an extended tight knit family, so Matthew hated doing it, but with his niece, soon to become his daughter, being very sensitive about it, he did not feel he had much of an option.

Brian was as welcoming to Rebecca as the day before and told her that he was so pleased that her uncle and aunt would be becoming her new mom and dad. He then told her, that he would have to mention what happened on Friday as others would have heard, but he was on her side if anyone dared to agree with Isabel.

As the Sands family and Rebecca made their way into the auditorium, another elderly lady approached them and bent down to speak to Rebecca. Rebecca feared she might have the same view as Isabel the other elderly lady.
“Miss Rebecca” she said, “I feel so ashamed..”
”uh oh” Here it comes Rebecca thought,
“That someone of my generation could be so bigoted” the other elderly lady continued

Rebecca was confused, so the other elderly lady continued further, “from what I hear you are a wonderful little girl, and what Isabel did was inexcusable”
“But she said” Rebecca started to say, but the other elderly lady cut in “I know what she said dear, but I try and live by Romans 14 and as God has accepted you, so do I and I am thrilled to have you here with us”
Then the lady hugged Rebecca unexpectedly.

A number of other adults came up to the Sand’s family and expressed their shock and disgust at what had happened to Rebecca and all of them told her, if they had been there, then Isabel would have been over ruled and it would have been Isabel, not Rebecca who was sent packing that night. Rebecca was amazed and delighted, that people still seemed to accept her, in spite of her being an illegitimate child. It seemed it was only Isabel who thought it was an issue.

And so the service started, and Brian walked to the podium and looked around, coughed and then begun, “Before we begin worship today, I need to talk about an unpleasant incident on Friday at our youth club. Last week while I was away, the congregation welcomed Rebecca Sands to our fold. Now for any who weren’t here last week, Rebecca is an eleven year old orphan from England, whose father was murdered some years ago, and just around a month ago, her mother died. She has now come to live with Matthew and Susan, her uncle and aunt and her cousin Frank. Now on Friday Rebecca was dropped of with young master Darren at the youth club, but a certain individual”

Brian then scanned the whole of the auditorium and then continued, “Who is not here today, was not as welcoming. Because Rebecca’s dead parents were not married, this certain individual, and a number of people here know who it is, took it into their head to turn her away in the pouring rain. Now Rebecca was subsequently attacked by two people on a main road outside, and it was only thanks to her grandfather, Thomas Sands, Praise the Lord that she is still with us today.”

There were sounds of gasps from the congregation and “After all she’s been through already?”

Brian paused and then continued; “Now I know that God ordained that the best place to raise children is in a home with two married parents, but to hold this child guilty of something she had nothing to do with was so very wrong, and to put that child in danger just defies all reason. Now if anyone has a problem with Rebecca being with us, because of something her parents did or failed to do, all those years ago, I would like them to speak to me afterwards and not do what this person did and personally take it out on Rebecca. I for one have no problem with her being part of our fellowship”

Comments along the lines of how they are thrilled to have Rebecca with them and sorrow and anger that she had been mistreated and further comments along the lines of “how could any one have a problem with her?”

“One piece of good news I can reveal concerning Rebecca” Brian went on, “Matthew, Susan and Frank are not just taking Rebecca into their home, Matthew and Susan are taking her into their family as well and as soon as all the legal stuff is done, Rebecca is going to be adopted as their daughter and become a sister for brother Frank”

Comments of approval from the auditorium, and the word “awesome” and “Amen” being thrown around

The service then continued much like the previous week and afterwards, more people milled around Rebecca, hugging her, saying how pleased she was ok, how upset they were she had been treated by Isabel, and they would never have allowed Isabel to get away with what she did. There were also plenty of congratulations to Matthew, Susan and Frank. There were also lots of dinner invitations to Rebecca and her soon to be “new family”

Brian later reported, that the only person it seemed who had had a problem with, Rebecca, was Isabel, the lady that had turned Rebecca away, and that everyone else loved Rebecca and were very complimentary about her.

Rebecca could only just say “Thank you” with tears in her eyes as she was overcome with emotion that people actually liked her, loved her and did not care a hill of beans if she was illegitimate or not. Even Darren’s mother came up and hugged her and told her she was so glad that she was going to get a new mom and dad and was such a good friend to her son.

Then it was lunch with her Grandfather, which was another emotional affair, as years of resentment were finally brushed aside. Thomas had learned his lesson and was eager to make amends and do what ever he could to make it up to Rebecca, and Matthew. Even Frank seemed to be reconciled with his Grandfather, as he had rescued his soon to be sister from some thoroughly nasty individuals.

It was as if this former minor spirit of virtue, the Spirit of Kindness, had brought to the Sands family healing, just by her very presence, and all without any empathic powers.

The following day, at work Matthew got colleagues of his at his law firm to start the private intra-family adoption so Rebecca would finally become his and Susan’s daughter. He also found out from the DA, that the two men that attacked Rebecca were being investigated for other attacks on other young girls, and that it was unlikely they would need to call Rebecca as a witness.

On the Tuesday, Rebecca received news from New York when she received a letter from Mazy, another former minor spirit of virtue, the Spirit of Caring, she had been able to leave the group home and while her mother was going through detox, she was living with Malcolm and Lisa Duncan, as her stepfather had still not been granted custody, but did have supervised access. Rebecca also heard that an investigation by the New York City Administration for Child Services had put a stop to the practice of denying children food if their beds were not made properly, and the early morning exercise routine. Apparently a number of staff were suspended pending investigation into malfeasance.

On the Friday, when Michael arrived with Darren to go to the youth club, Susan offered to drive the two children there instead, not that she did not trust Michael, but because she had decided to help out at the youth club. When Rebecca walked through the doors into the youth club, all of the other children broke into spontaneous applause for Rebecca, and all of them without exception hugged her to show her how welcome she was. Through out the games and activities, Rebecca and Darren were inseparable and very well behaved, and everyone had a great time.

After about two weeks since the Monday Matthew put in the adoption application, they were to go to the courthouse for finalisation. Rebecca was given special permission from school to be off to attend, as was Frank.

The hearing went according to plan, and Rebecca got to say how she really loved her Uncle Matthew, and her Aunt Susan and how they had been really kind to her since she arrived, and how very much she wanted them to be her parents, so she could officially call them mum and dad, although she had unofficially been referring to them that way, and how she did not want to be illegitimate anymore,

Then the adoption was granted, and it was the happiest moment in Rebecca’s life.

As they were leaving the courthouse, outside was someone Rebecca had not seen for a while.

It was Colonel Samuel Peters in a long trench coat and a briefcase and Corporal Tania McCaskey also in civilian clothing. Rebecca ran to them and hugged the corporal first.
“How are you?” Rebecca asked her.
“I’m getting by” Tania replied, “I’m on suspension though until my court marshal”
“Why?” Rebecca asked, “They said you didn’t do it”
“I know Rebecca” Tania replied, “But because I was arrested, I still have to appear before a court marshal”
“That’s not fair” Rebecca told her
“I know” Tania said, “But it’s the rules”

“Idiotic rules” The colonel cut in, “I am still trying to get them to stop that nonsense, and if they insist on going through with it, I will be testifying on the corporal’s behalf personally”

Rebecca turned to the colonel, “I’m sorry I got those people to be kind to me” she apologised.
The colonel interrupted Rebecca, “Hogan said I had upset you by what I said” He told her, “I’m sorry Rebecca I never meant to upset you like I did, maybe I phrased my question badly. I had to see that like other minor spirits of virtue, you had a heightened conscious of right and wrong, which you did, and still have, and if you wanted to be human, which you did also. I know you would never purposely hurt anyone; minor spirits of virtue are hard wired not to, even when they become fully human, it is why you will make a wonderful caring and good hearted person.” The colonel explained.

Matthew and Susan came down to see the two military officers, “Thank you for finding my daughter” Matthew said to the colonel and shook his hand, and then he shook Tania’s hand and told her, “If you need a good lawyer, let me know, it’s on the house” then handed her his business card.
Tania took it and replied with a “Thank you sir”.

“You have a fine daughter there sir” the Colonel told Matthew and Susan
“We know” Susan replied, “And we lover her very much and I would like to add my thanks for you helping to bring her back into our lives again”

“Oh” The colonel interjected, “I almost forget”, and then the colonel opened his briefcase and brought out two envelopes, and handed them to Rebecca.

Rebecca opened the biggest one first, it was her certificate for the one hundred meters breast stroke she earned when she was nine! Then she opened the other envelope, it was a card from her teacher in Slough, wishing her every happiness with her new life in America with her new mum and dad.

“It was your teacher who reported you missing” The colonel explained, “You were big news in Slough when you ran away from that dirt bag. Luckily we had a good enough cover story and the LEO’s were satisfied. Your local social services were a bit annoyed, but hey, they’ll get over it”

Then the colonel took out a small box from his briefcase and handed it to Rebecca, “its not magical, I’m afraid” he told her, “But it won’t crumble to dust this time”

Rebecca opened the box and was astonished to see, an identical talisman to the one she had held when she relinquished her powers as the Spirit of Kindness and obtained her human soul

[img=100x200]http://ravenmoonlight.com/catalog/images/talisman_clay_blackgod.jpg[/img]

Rebecca put it on and held it in her hands, then she hugged the colonel, and said “Thank you” with tears of joy running down her face.

“Anytime Rebecca” the colonel told her, “It’s our job, we help minor spirits of virtue like you were” then he added, “By the way, Jenny Green sends her love”
The colonel and the corporal then got into a sedan and left.

The new enlarged Sand’s family then went to a pizza parlour to celebrate Rebecca’s adoption, along with her grandfather.

Rebecca’s journey had just about ended in one sense, dear and gentle reader, Rebecca Sands, the former Spirit of Kindness had found love, happiness and people who accepted her, but as we are all on a journey called life, that part would go on.

Rebecca was on her way to growing up, a well behaved, caring individual, and the one thing she decided she wanted to be when she grew up would be like her uncle, and now her father a member of the legal profession, to help people, like she herself had been helped.

By the way, what the Colonel held back from Rebecca, as he did not her to wish she was in anyway responsible, because she was most certainly not, was that the very day after Jim was convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment, he was murdered in his prison cell, by an inmate whose daughter was one of his victims.

The End

Next time dear and gentle reader, how does a goblin come to terms with the aftermath of a civil war, he and his wife were protected from, and his other relatives were not
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote