View Single Post
Old 08-06-2023, 11:03 PM #31

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post

B.I.B. II: you what? Are you sure that wasn't Joanne the bunny-boiler nanny?
Yeah, he was in a towel and said to Pauline with a cheeky grin "you don't look old enough to be a grandma" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
The Ferreiras aren't a family I'd say I hate and some of their stuff was actually quite interesting but nah. They weren't for the long haul. The Masoods were an example of a much more successful Asian family (inasmuch as I don't like to compare, because the context is a bit different).

The Di Marcos were neither here nor there. Beppe was probably the most memorable family-member of that clan but he was still ... Beppe and besides being (I think) some sort of police-officer I don't remember him doing much of note besides getting in the way of Lynne and Gary. John Yorke was the one who got rid of him in the end anyway so luckily none of that family (not that they were so bad, but they still flopped) were a blight on the Berridge era.

It looks like you think Roy was pretty-much the only significant loss in that 2003 low-key exodus but I just can't bring myself to value what he actually brought to the show besides a bit of stability. It's not like he was always even that likeable as a character but because he had a quiet calm demeanour he got away with it and was assumed to just be a steady, sedate, boring kind of guy. He was actually distinctly unpleasant at times and I think people are quick to forget that. I don't think he stifled Pat. that much but he wasn't her finest partner and took up more space than he was entitled to after those first two years so he had to go.
I know Roy was a bore at times, but i dunno, i had soft spot for him. I do think stability is needed, which he gave. I know he was no great loss, but i was sad to see him go.

My memory of say 2001 onwards is hazy, so a lot of what is happening im like "oh yeah, i kinda remember that" and some things i just plain didn't see back in the day.

Kate, no i remember her, because i had such a crush on her. I know she's a pretty interesting character.