Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Default Heather Mills Gets £24.3m Divorce Payout

Heather Mills says she is "very, very pleased" with her £24.3m divorce payout - but has questioned the judge's evaluation of Sir Paul McCartney's estate.

Mills 'very pleased' with settlementMr Justice Bennett valued the 65-year-old former Beatle at £400m.

But speaking outside the court, Ms Mills said "everybody knows" he was worth twice that amount.

"A lot of strange things have been going on behind the scenes," she told reporters.

"I won't go into all the horrific details of what has happened because I'm just glad it's over."

She said she would not appeal the decision but intended to appeal against the ruling to make the judgement public.

She said this was because it included private details about the couple's daughter Beatrice, such as where she goes to school.

Sir Paul, who made no comment after the award, is said to be keen to make the public aware of the details of the divorce.

Advertisement
Asked if she thought the former Beatle had been "cruel", Ms Mills said: "I can't say that for the sake of my daughter but my sister does."

She insisted Sir Paul had always wanted the judgement to be public "because he wants to look like this generous Sir Paul".

In a public summary of the judgement, it was confirmed McCartney had been ordered to pay Ms Mills £16.5m, which in addition to her personal assets of £7.8m sees her leave the marriage with £24.3m.

That total is said to include £500,000 that refers to "overspending in the period of separation".

The judgement also revealed Ms Mills had sought an award of £125m, while Sir Paul's initial offer was in the region of £15.8m.

Sir Paul declined to commentAsked if it had been a mistake to represent herself, Ms Mills replied: "Not at all. Lawyers couldn't get anywhere near this figure."

In an outspoken statement outside the High Court, she confirmed four-year-old Beatrice would get only £35,000 a year.

"So, she's obviously meant to travel B class while her father travels A class - but obviously I will pay for that," she said.

She also confirmed her intention to remain in Britain following the conclusion of the divorce, after speculation she would leave the country after the case.

Reacting to Ms Mills statement, Sky News reporter Sara Merchant said: "It's not just the money, she also wants her reputation back.

"Throughout the case, she has been portrayed in an unfavourable light."

The pair, who split in May 2006 after four years together, failed to come to an agreement during a six-day hearing at the High Court in February.

Original Article here
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote