Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfie View Post
I’m disappointed with some of the responses to what Paul said. I think we sometimes get caught up in the thought of housemates being one-dimensional characters rather than real people, all of whom have good and bad points. Consequently, we can see no bad in those housemates we support and no good in those we don’t like. We subconsciously search for confirmation bias.

I don’t really like Paul - I have found him annoying, gross and immature from the edits we have seen - but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a story and some decent qualities, particularly if it turns out he has suffered from some mental health issues. And, although Jenkin can be a bit of a bitch and a moaner, in my view, there have been clear signs of depressive tendencies. He also had the integrity to vote Dylan over Trish because he didn’t approve of the way she was treated. He has been one of the few who has tried to calm things between housemates having vicious arguments- the voice of reason - and despite his friendship with Paul, he has been willing to pull him up on his behaviour.

Great post Garfie, I dont really think its very healthy to turn HMs in villians as is happening with Paul, he obviously had decent qualities as well as not so decent ones, a narrative was driven by the edits..... I thought it was interesting that Matty seemed very upset that he was leaving yet we never once saw Paul with Matty apart from when Yinrun took him for a massage and it ended up with Matty doing it which was just odd as we didn't see what led to him taking over from Yinrun

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote