View Single Post
Old 16-04-2024, 01:03 AM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Too true, I suppose.

I wouldn't have had myself down as a thinker personally, but maybe I'm misunderstanding myself.
The path to fully understanding yourself and all your quirks is lifelong, Mock. Other people might not understand exactly where you’re coming from all the time but the beauty of being your own person (which everyone besides Siamese twins is) is that no-one knows you better than ... you know yourself. Heck, each Siamese twin is still their own person.

Family and friends might know you well but they haven’t actually walked a single minute in your shoes, let-alone a lifetime of however many years/decades. What they don’t know is what it fully feels like to be you every waking second of every day. They don’t know what you might just take to the grave or every thought you have and sometimes you yourself might not be fully aware of the complexity of your thoughts until you stop for a minute and try and break them down.

You can seem so different at some point in your life to people who only knew a few sides of one stage of you but people evolve more often than they actually become completely different people. That sorta characteristic thinking-like side to you might evolve more with time but it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t. It’s not a bad thing at all either way. So long as you keep getting to know yourself and sit with it.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.

Last edited by Redway; 16-04-2024 at 01:13 AM.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote