View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 04:53 PM #17

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewy
If one of the parents is very ill and cannot leave the house, and the other parent is busy working to keep food in the families mouth, whats supposed to happen then? The kid wants to be with its mother and wants to go on days out, but cant, because of the illness, whats supposed to happen then?
(and yes I was "the kid")
There are organizations that can help with this, suprised you didn't know about it but when I was young I looked after my mum and I was approached by a company called 'Young carers' who take children who cant go out with their parents to fun places like zoo's and adventure events. But if both parents are busy Im sure they can plan that the kid can go play out with their friends and their parents.
Or just getting the kid to play football/wallie in the back garden. There isn't really an excuse for not letting a kid out into the fresh air, i have been in the situation, my dad always working and my mother being ill. But I went to friends houses all the time, went out to the local park/field and just ran around. We just played imaginary games like having our own den in a tree then having pretend wars. It gets up up and about.
Fom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote